What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Historical question

m0j0

Bench
Way back in 1993, I was one month into my 7 month stint of living in Melbourne. I remember it well, because if I wanted to watch league, I was usually able to catch the game of the round at about midnight sometime during the week.
What I do remember most is how happy I was that they showed Grand Final day live (those were the good old days when you got to watch three grand finals - it was a full day event, kinda like a day watching the Bathurst 1000). The highlight of that day was the Roosters taking out the President's Cup GF. I was ecstatic. I remember thinking how good our future looked given that we had all these talented youngsters in our club. Surely that had to mark the beginning of a turnaround.
Anyway, in my usual long-winded way, I'm leading up to a question. What I don't remember about that day is who was playing for us in President's Cup. Does anyone have access to a team listing for that team. I'd love to have a look at that to see what become of those players and how many of them actually stuck with the club.

eddie

Juniors
The only thing I recall off-hand was our front row.

Clinton O'Brien
Brendan Hurst
Adam Starr

eddie said:

Clinton O'Brien
Brendan Hurst
Adam Starr

Jamie Shepherd was halfback.
The Wheelhouse brothers were there.
Chris Sykes. Who passed away in 1995 and who the junior award at the Roosters is named after was there.
Chris Kelly was lock.
Richard Kairouz was on the wing.

I know that only Jamie Shepherd and Adam Starr were the only ones that played first grade with us. Clinton O'Brien the Crushers and then Newcastle.

The Cronulla side on the other hand a lot of them went on to be stars.

Peachey
Rogers
Kearns
Pierce
Dykes
Long
Ryan

Just off the top of my head.

m0j0

Bench
Southern Rooster said:
eddie said:

Clinton O'Brien
Brendan Hurst
Adam Starr

Jamie Shepherd was halfback.
The Wheelhouse brothers were there.
Chris Sykes. Who passed away in 1995 and who the junior award at the Roosters is named after was there.
Chris Kelly was lock.

I know that only Jamie Shepherd and Adam Starr were the only ones that played first grade with us. Clinton O'Brien the Crushers and then Newcastle.

The Cronulla side on the other hand a lot of them went on to be stars.

Peachey
Rogers
Kearns
Pierce
Dykes
Long
Ryan

Just off the top of my head.

Thanks guys. Just what I was after.

eddie said:
Southern Rooster said:

G'day SR

Was'nt Kairouz a forgetable signing from Newtown?

Nah that was Tim Blazack. I used to drink with Tim at The Grand Hotel at Rockdale. He used to get dropped back after training by Jack and Bomber as the popped in for there usual two schooners on a Tuesday night. Then a longneck for the rest of the trip or for when they got home.

Latest posts