What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitler reacts to Tigers re-signing Lovett

DanOz

Juniors
Lovett has the highest tackle count of any Wests player with a minimal missed percentage. His form and confidence suffered from being murdered in the centres. This is his 1st year of grade. He is miles ahead of where Sironen was at the same stage of his career. Give him the 3 years Sironen has had and judge him.

macnaz

Staff member
Thats all he does tho Danoz , tackle ! And they arent what u call dominant tackles either , he offers zero in attack has he gets rag dolled on every run .. he is always doing something dumb to let trys in .... he is just plain ordinary in my view .

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Lovett has the highest tackle count of any Wests player with a minimal missed percentage. His form and confidence suffered from being murdered in the centres. This is his 1st year of grade. He is miles ahead of where Sironen was at the same stage of his career. Give him the 3 years Sironen has had and judge him.

Like Sironen, he is a plodder.

DanOz

Juniors
Thats all he does tho Danoz , tackle ! And they arent what u call dominant tackles either , he offers zero in attack has he gets rag dolled on every run .. he is always doing something dumb to let trys in .... he is just plain ordinary in my view .

No argument here. But the hate he received was out of proportion to his performance and experience in my opinion. I think they see Lovett as another potential Fulton. There to tackle but not much else. We possibly have the worst back row in the comp. He is better than Santi, better than Sironen half the time, and no one is sticking their hand up to take his spot.

A sad state of affairs when Halatau is often our best back rower. And all the people that excuse Sironen because he had to learn a new position, look at Lawrence. He did too, and he is going better.

Until our cap improves and we can buy some decent back rowers we are stuck with the cattle. I just hope Lovett improves - it is only his first year in grade, and getting murdered in the centres set him back imo.

macnaz

Staff member
So when we talk about potential of player's you generally see snippets of what they are capable of. Lovett tackles and ? Look at the sides at the pointy end of the comp , big dominate players with speed and skill . I know people have said Akoala has some issues but seriously so would I if i couldnt make a side full of unskilled pissweak plodders, he is exactly the player we need a coach to actually work on to develop into a quality player . Skill strength size and speed comes first then the coach teaches the rest , but Lovett has zero of them and he will never have regardless of how much he is taught.

macnaz

Staff member
Also why do people prefer Lovett over Santi ? They are clones , just tackle and nothing else. At least Santi is a bit more intimidating in defence . I dont get it , we sook every week when we get hammered in the penalty count for slowing down ruck and then sign pissweak players that create the reason we need to do it. Id prefer to have neither in 1st grade but if we have to at have the one who might be able to address one of our glaring weaknesses.

Last edited: