What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitups???

eagleman

Juniors
whenever i look at players hitups at half time or at the statistics page i never have any hitups one or two maybe so i was wondering how come can anyone help

manlysucks

Juniors
I was just about to ask the same question. What do you have to do to register a hitup? My game plan is very simple, hit it up and wait for a break, but I just don't get any hitups in the stats.HELP ME!

Razor

Coach
eagleman said:
whenever i look at players hitups at half time or at the statistics page i never have any hitups one or two maybe so i was wondering how come can anyone help

Just get the ball, and sprint towards the tacklers. Don't sidestep, don't pass, just run at them. If you try and get around them without running through them, it's not a hit-up.

Goleel

Juniors
I think a hitup in this game is where you make a run with no special moves, no fends, offloads or steps, and just take the tackle, one off the ruck and off an early pass. Don't quote me, but that's how I think it goes.

NPK

Bench
My understanding of a hitup is when a player gets tackled with the ball. Simple as that.

Is that correct?

Razor

Coach
Goleel said:
I think a hitup in this game is where you make a run with no special moves, no fends, offloads or steps, and just take the tackle, one off the ruck and off an early pass. Don't quote me, but that's how I think it goes.

That's what a hit-up is in the NRL as well.

Paullyboy

Coach
NPK said:
My understanding of a hitup is when a player gets tackled with the ball. Simple as that.

Is that correct?

No that is not correct, look at any NRL match stats and you will see there is A LOT more tackles made than hitups registered. A hitup is when there is no offload involved and the player is usually 1st or 2nd receiver.

NPK

Bench
So if the ball is passed 8 times in a play and it finishes up with a forward taking the tackle, is that not a hitup?

Paullyboy

Coach
Its sort of a grey area, im not sure the exact definition for this game, but if its a real NRL game, but most likely that scenario would not be considered a hitup.

Goleel

Juniors
Yeah an NRL hitup is pretty much every time a player gets tackled, as long as they are on their feet, i.e if they dive on a loose ball and are tackled, its not a hitup. The reason the tackle counts are so much higher than hitup counts is that 2 and 3 men tackles are counted as a tackle for each player.

But the game is stuffed in measuring hitups, what I said above is how I think you register one.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah the hitup should be counted just whenever the player gets tackled regardless of whether he side steps or trys to run around the defender.

Razor

Coach
pepstar87 said:
Yeah the hitup should be counted just whenever the player gets tackled regardless of whether he side steps or trys to run around the defender.

Why? That isn't a hit-up in the NRL, so why should it be in the game.

A hit-up is when a player trys to run through the defence, not around it.

supersoniceagle

Juniors
Razor said:
pepstar87 said:

Why? That isn't a hit-up in the NRL, so why should it be in the game.

A hit-up is when a player trys to run through the defence, not around it.
Yeh I agree with u there.

This game however doesn't seem to recognise many hitups

..::ERIC::..

Juniors
Yeah, I was browsing through the teams stats and I only had like 50 hit ups by the end of round 15, where as the Raiders were leading on 500 (I'm using 15min games).