What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hodges tackle on injured Morris

FlameThrower

Bench
I'm surprised these no threads on this? What i saw was a low-act, an obviously injured player, with his team-mate urging the opponent not to tackle him, but what does he do? Goes in hard, like a low life goose he is. To make matters worse, i was listening to a radio station as i was driving down to south-coast on Sunday, the so called footy-experts where having a great laugh and joke abou the hit. One guy has been in hot-water a few years back, with some serious personal stuff costing his job and career for a while. Another guy is a senior current player, as a guest and to say i'm disappointed by he own comments is an understatement. Rubbish, 1st and alst time i will listen to those clowns.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeah: "All you saw" was ur winger on the ground. Hodges was running an angle towards him with OTHER players in his view at times and slid towards him with a low body check.

Listen to both commentators: "he's allowed to do that" -Sure its a bit of a puppy act, cos maybe he realized he was injured on the ground a -few seconds at the most by the time he slid in for the tackle. But it's a finals game man, adrenalin is pumping harder then u guys over coopers bicepts jkz :p... So plz get over it.

But Morris always could have handed the ball over to a team mate and scored and set up a crazier try then Marshalls last week... bet you wouldn't complain then ;)?

redvwhite

Juniors
try again...

aceav

A puppy act huh? It was no other than Justin Hodges who came to Steve Price's defence when Justin Poore picked him up when injured in SOO. Hodges called it a 'dog act'. WHAT A FRIKIN HYPOCRITE. Don't try and beat around the bush.

Griffin was lost for words when he was grilled by Darryl Brohman about it because he knew it was despicable and couldn't even defend his own player. He had the hand up signalling he wasn't going to move but Hodges comes in all guns blazing.

Bazzi

First Grade
All Hodges had to do was lay a finger on Morris and it would have been a tackle all the same.

AceAv

Juniors
It's a physical game cry baby... Yeah a god act. I mean DOG act! it was.

But Morris always could have STILL handed the ball over to a team mate and scored and set up a crazier try then Marshalls last week... bet you wouldn't complain then ;)?

How about Hornby tugging any harder on players without the ball being cried about on other forums. If Hodges was such an issue it would be a penalty and he could face a week or two out. BUT IT WASNT.

^^^^^^^
Address that if you wanna get nit picky

Last edited:

Stinkler

Juniors
Not an illegal act, but not particularly sporting either.

Someone will give Hodges his own back one day.

Divine

Bench
Someone will give Hodges his own back one day.

ENTER THE DRAGON...

246nlee.jpg

Last edited:

gypsy

Bench
Disappointed in Creagh to be honest. Thought he should have stuck up for Brett a bit more.
I understand Creagh doesn't like fighting, but that's his team mate getting belted.

Brett seemingly making up with Hodges before he played the ball annoyed me as well. I thought the way we handled it was pretty defeatist.

Shame Beau plays on the right, he wouldn't have just stood by.

Steel Dragon

Bench
Morris should've passed the ball to Creagh.
Creagh should've stood between Morris and Hodges when it was obvious he wasnt going anywhere.

But on the flipside, I would have no problem with Beau Scott putting a big hit on say Jharal Yow Yeh if he was down.

Its a tough game. Expect toughness.

it's a physical game cry baby... Yeah a god act. I mean dog act! It was.

But morris always could have still handed the ball over to a team mate and scored and set up a crazier try then marshalls last week... Bet you wouldn't complain then ;)?

How about hornby tugging any harder on players without the ball being cried about on other forums. If hodges was such an issue it would be a penalty and he could face a week or two out. But it wasnt.

^^^^^^^
address that if you wanna get nit picky

go manly!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It's a physical game cry baby... Yeah a god act. I mean DOG act! it was.

But Morris always could have STILL handed the ball over to a team mate and scored and set up a crazier try then Marshalls last week... bet you wouldn't complain then ;)?

How about Hornby tugging any harder on players without the ball being cried about on other forums. If Hodges was such an issue it would be a penalty and he could face a week or two out. BUT IT WASNT.

^^^^^^^
Address that if you wanna get nit picky
lol at Smelly comparing it to obstruction play. Hornby was penalised, Hodges wasn't, but Broncos bandwagoners are still whinging about it. Sore winners.

And I'm not aware of anybody saying it isn't a tough game. Just a few Hodges apologists such as yourself trying to defend the actions of the grub. Clearly it has touched a nerve with a couple of piss-on-seats Brisbane supporters.

Look here in this thread, the matter wasn't even discussed until yesterday. In next to no time, you're jumping up and down, bleating and carry on like a kindergarten drop out. Grow a pair, sook.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
It's funny reading comments from these Brocnco scum supporters who thought the tackle was ok. If it was one of their own they would have been whinging till the cows came home...Just shows the low life scum that follow Brisbane.

No player regardless for who they play for should perform a low dog act like that

macnaz

Staff member
I wonder if the Bronc supporters will look at the Hodges incident the same way if next time Lockyer happend to be on the ground holding his cheek and some tool comes charging into him. ??

PS .. it was a good thing that Slater was involved in the Wolf Merkins tackle when he fractured his neck , Hodges the mug would have just thrown him to the side and got back on side. :(

Last edited:

The Nick

Bench
Disappointed in Creagh to be honest. Thought he should have stuck up for Brett a bit more.
I understand Creagh doesn't like fighting, but that's his team mate getting belted.

Brett seemingly making up with Hodges before he played the ball annoyed me as well. I thought the way we handled it was pretty defeatist.

Mate Creagh isn't a fighter, plain and simple, he's a footballer. Acting like a hero doesn't show toughness or character (look at Hodges and Thaiday for proof). Putting your body on the line and taking the hits and keep on getting up, that's what shows character and that's what our boys did all night. Creagh stood up for his mate without going over the top and giving away a costly penalty. He did not take a backward step, but he didn't do anything stupid either.

And to say that Brett was "pretty defeatist", mate what game were you watching? Did you not see him take a bomb and put his body on the line to save a try and ensure Broncos didn't get a repeat set, even with a high ankle sprain?!? Absolutely nothing defeatist about that, it took absolute courage to do what he did. So what if he made up with Hodges before he played the ball, it just shows that he's a man and gets on with it, instead of sitting around and whinging like you do. That's why he's a champion and you're a jerk.

Where's the sense in getting sent to the sin bin at such a stage in such a big game? That would have been defeatist. I was relieved when both Creagh and Morris kept their heads.

Latest posts