What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hodges tackle on injured Morris

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Where's the sense in getting sent to the sin bin at such a stage in such a big game? That would have been defeatist. I was relieved when both Creagh and Morris kept their heads.
The thing is, Creagh didn't step back - he stood his ground and actually went on the front foot. It was Hodges who cut and run. Creagh was giving Grub a mouthful, Grub tried to start a stink, Creagh kept on reading him the riot act, it got too much Grub and he turned on his heels and ran.

My theory is Creagh was using too many words with two or three syllables, and it did Grub's head in.

Mate Creagh isn't a fighter, plain and simple, he's a footballer. Acting like a hero doesn't show toughness or character (look at Hodges and Thaiday for proof). Putting your body on the line and taking the hits and keep on getting up, that's what shows character and that's what our boys did all night. Creagh stood up for his mate without going over the top and giving away a costly penalty. He did not take a backward step, but he didn't do anything stupid either.

And to say that Brett was "pretty defeatist", mate what game were you watching? Did you not see him take a bomb and put his body on the line to save a try and ensure Broncos didn't get a repeat set, even with a high ankle sprain?!? Absolutely nothing defeatist about that, it took absolute courage to do what he did. So what if he made up with Hodges before he played the ball, it just shows that he's a man and gets on with it, instead of sitting around and whinging like you do. That's why he's a champion and you're a jerk.

I like what you have said Nick.

At the time I admit I wanted Creagh to be a little like "Glenn Stewart".

But.. you (Nick) are right.
Throwing punches is no measure of "toughness".
Just stupidity.

You're OK Benny.
Ditto Brett.

hod.

cliffordg

Juniors
honestly if lockyer is on the grond holding his cheek on friday night and watmough comes flying in and smashes him while hes sayin hes injured justin hodges would be the first guy there trying to throw a punch and windging about it like the macho man he thinks he is

BigNormProvan

Juniors
This brings back some memories of Mick Beattie 'going after' Steve Renouf's glass jaw in the '92 GF. Old Mick was a starchy, no nonsence type.

You could list a few blokes who would have done the same as Hodges. Slater, Mattai, Ennis etc. The common denominator is that they are all cheap grubs.

Big Norm

gypsy

Bench
Absolutely nothing defeatist about that, it took absolute courage to do what he did. So what if he made up with Hodges before he played the ball, it just shows that he's a man and gets on with it, instead of sitting around and whinging like you do. That's why he's a champion and you're a jerk.

I agree, playing on and coming up with some big plays was very gutsy. My point was we were dished out some dirt from Hodges and didn't give it back. I was referring to that one incident when I said it was defeatist.

As for calling me a jerk, that's a bit uncalled for, I'm a massive dragons fan, have been my whole life.
If you've got something you want to say, and need sorted out, feel free to send me an email. Jerk.

The Nick

Bench
If you've got something you want to say, and need sorted out, feel free to send me an email. Jerk.

What's your email address? I actually need some help moving house this weekend, and fixing up the garden before my final inspection.

j0nesy

Bench
I agree with Gypsy on this one, I would have liked to have seen Creagh do a little more to protect Morris and stand up to Hodges. Man handling Hodges in the same way Scott did Thiaday would have done the trick, and we all know how Hodges would have reacted... At any rate, I agree Hodges is a low life grub.

Perth Knights

Juniors
It's funny reading comments from these Brocnco scum supporters who thought the tackle was ok. If it was one of their own they would have been whinging till the cows came home...Just shows the low life scum that follow Brisbane.

No player regardless for who they play for should perform a low dog act like that

Have to agree entirely with the above comments. After watching the game several times, the tackle can only be described as a dog act. The Broncos would still be whinging about the tackle had it occurred to one of their players. And Hodges is nothing short of a scum bucket!!

BTW ... would have liked to have seen you guys to defend your title in the GF, but wasn't to be. Better luck next year guys!!

Latest posts