What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hodgo vs Schifcofske:Battle of the fullbacks

who will win the battle of the fullbacks?

• Schifcofske

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Hodgson

Votes: 12 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redback71

First Grade
2 former classy eels fullbacks (idiots for letting them go) who will win the battle of the fullbacks?

Redback71

First Grade
whats even worse is they havent learnt their lesson now there gonna let mckinnion go.

god i hope hayne does not become a fullback or he'll suffer the fullback curse and be released also.

parra pete

Referee
Hey Redback....You don't seem capable of grasping how the salary cap works.
We let Choc go so we could develop Hodgo. We let Hodgson go to develop Wade Now we are letting McKinnon go so we can develop Hayne/Reddy and have change left over!!!!
Hodgson was a speed hump at the Eels....

Utey

Coach
Everytime I watch the 01 highlight video I am amazing at how good Hodgo was and continued to get to where he his today. Speed bump he may be but they rarely got through for him to have to do any work.

Bench
parra pete said:
We let Choc go so we could develop Hodgo. We let Hodgson go to develop Wade Now we are letting McKinnon go so we can develop Hayne/Reddy and have change left over!!!!
Mate that must be jealousy talking there,Hodgo gave you great service when you borrowed him for a few seasons.

V1er

Juniors
Hodgo was great for us, it was unfortunate that when he was coming off contract his form was down and was plagued with injuries.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Phillips said:
Hodgson was our greatest fullback during the late 90's/00's

Nope. Schifcofske was the best fullback in 2000. That 2000 team was better than the 2001 team. If we would have beaten Brisbane we would have disposed of the Roosters. They were not just an attacking side, the defensive factor was strong in that side.

Sean7

Juniors
Schifcofske was very hardly done by at the Eels. He saved out arse a million times with his goal line defense and was always safe. I'm happy for him and he made a smart decision to leave. He's a great player.

Certain others at the club seemed to get a million second chances with far inferior performances. Smith certainly did often play favourites.

The Colonel

Immortal
Schicofske wanted to play fullback. He had a place on the wing if he wanted it but didn't. He asked for a release to go and play that position. Given Hodgsons time at fullback in 2001 it definitely wasn't a big loss. Hodgies loss of confidence after he was rag dolled by Tallis lead to him being released. The change did him very well in the end.

Hindsight is a great thing but at the time Clinton left we had the better deal.

scottyeel

Bench
Hodgson is better. Was great in 01 and most of 02, then had his form slump and has come out an even better player.

James_Hardie

Juniors
With Justin Hodges out and Wesser called into the side, i am worried that Shif will get moved out onto the wing to accomodate Wesser. For Shif's sake i hope not as he has earned that fullback spot.

Redback71

First Grade

so in a couple of years time does that mean we will release hayne/reddy