What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hohaia to St Helens

doogiehowser_md

Juniors
Huge fan of Hohaia, but with this news we would be doing ourselves no favor by starting him as Fullback rather than Locke or Inu. Also Hoffman surely has to be the Kiwis FB.

Izz

Bench
Hmm... good for him if true. Might as well make some big coin before being crowned King of Huntly.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
all the best to him. gave him a bit of sh*t the last few weeks, but bounced back like a real pro. he deserves to go and really make some coin in the uk.

JoeD

First Grade
One of my fav Warriors. Good luck to him.

we would be doing ourselves no favor by starting him as Fullback rather than Locke or Inu
my preference is for the coaches to pick the best available team. He's either the best option at FB or he isn't, next year shouldn't come into it.

One Warrior

Bench
Great player, one of my favourites, wish him all the best at St Helens and hope the club can see him of in style.

JAG

Juniors
Sad to see him go, he's been a great Club man, but I think it's the right time for him to head off.

Good luck to him.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I think Hohaia could have still been of service to the Warriors. But he has managed to secure a long term contract with St Helens, so this is definitely the right move for him.

I also hope the club will see him off, in the right way. As has been said before, he has been a great club man. Best of luck, Lance.

hitman82

Bench
Kind of saw this coming with the Friend "I'm coming to play 80 minutes" quote.

Yeah, I really hope Locke / Fish / Inu step up into the fullback role, because aside from the first 3 games of this season Hohaia has been extremely solid there.

Fish - massively talented and has shown he can cut it in the NRL, but consistency and, more importantly, evasion of injury remain to be seen. He still doesn't look to me like he's physically developed enough to stand up to NRL week in week out. Maybe by next season he will...

Locke - I have no reason to believe he can be an NRL level fullback yet.

Inu - could be a realistic alternative to Fish when needed, but is also needed on the wing in my opinion.

Godinet / Ropati.

From a personal point of view, and from a talent depth point of view I am gutted to see Hohaia go as he's been one of my favourite players ever since he debuted.

Looking at it from his perspective, I'm stoked for the guy and I bet he's getting a MASSIVE payday. He will rip it up in the ESL.

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
Yea good on him. Has been one of the Warriors' top performing players for a number of years now so glad to see he's able to continue playing and earn some serious dollars. Will be strange to see him in other colours but relieved its not another NRL team.

I know we should be putting the best team on the field, but with this announcement I think it's important to keep on eye on 2012 and not prevent another junior from getting his chance due to a soon-to-be departing player (while Fish is injured anyway). That being said, I have no doubt he'll give 100% for the rest of the season.

Warmess

Juniors
He's been a great club man over the years, but this is the right time to call it quits. A good thing too, hopefully he goes out on a high.

Latest posts