What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hohaia to tigers??????????

someone rang up radio sport this morning and said they saw tim sheens, lance hohaia and someone else in a car parked somewhere in auckland yesterday.

take it as u will.

Scott

Bench
It would be good to see him get a regular gig at halfback. Tigers in 07 would be perfect for him with Prince leaving.

Think what you want about Lance Hohaia, but imo his developmant and form as a halfback is crucial to the future of New Zealand RL.

ozbash

Referee
Scott said:
It would be good to see him get a regular gig at halfback. Tigers in 07 would be perfect for him with Prince leaving.

Think what you want about Lance Hohaia, but imo his developmant and form as a halfback is crucial to the future of New Zealand RL.

he,s had his chance/s scotty... the aussies are welcom to him and his grumpiness.

he,s all yours tim.

Scott

Bench
ozbash said:
he,s had his chance/s scotty... the aussies are welcom to him and his grumpiness.

he,s all yours tim.

So we should give up on a 22 year old halfback then oz?

Because we are producing so many quality ones.... :roll:

Scott

Bench
I'm not talking about Warriors btw. I'm talking about the Kiwis.

I think he will relish a change in scenery, and some very good coaching.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If the Warriors don't want him then I hope he finds a home at another NRL club, he's got too much talent to waste considering the lack of decent halfbacks at NZ's disposal.

Scott

Bench
SpaceMonkey said:
If the Warriors don't want him then I hope he finds a home at another NRL club, he's got too much talent to waste considering the lack of decent halfbacks at NZ's disposal.

Exactly right.

ozbash

Referee
Skinner said:
He will have to climb over my dead body first. I'd better get some of
the Cambo boys wised up.........

he,d fit in well at cambelltown or liechardt :cool: he could be another whiz.

how many chances does lance get scott ?
how many times has he been dropped to the stallions to 'find some form' ?
hes a useless halfback, not a bad hooker, but as a team man i reckon lancey is a waste of space.
let the club put the patience and effort into a kid where we all get to see a response, not just his bartercard club.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Hohaia is being wasted at the Warriors. I hope the Tigers do take him on. I would have loved to see Hohaia at Halfback & Rovelli at Stand off for the Warriors. But it doesn't seem like that's going to happen because of one Jerome "Hey coach, I've got my knee pads" Ropati.

What a boost for NZ League to have our potential Kiwi halves combination playing together in an Australian NRL team under such an experienced coach.

Scott

Bench
What a boost for NZ League to have our potential Kiwi halves combination playing together in an Australian NRL team under such an experienced coach.[/quote]

Correct. Ozbash, can you not see this??:crazy:

Iafeta

Referee
He's still got a contract.

Why do so many players in Auckland think when they're not in the current first grade squad that gives them the right to think of, contemplate, or exercise the right to terminate their legally binding contract. It sickens me that it happens so much at the Warriors, and seemingly, well aside from the Eels currently, little elsewhere. Are the agents agitating a mountain out of a mullhill? Perhaps if thats the case, their accreditation needs to be looked at.

The guy has a lot of work to do to get back a hooking slot for mine, Fien is creative out of there, and Gatis does all the little things right everytime. His top two inches set up two tries on Saturday but he'll get no credit for it. Hohaia is infinitely more talented than that bloke, but doesn't make it count enough. Yet with all that in mind, the halves aren't nailed down, if I were him, I'd get out train my backside off, do all the little things right, learn off the unsung heroes like Martin and Gatis and Koopu who don't need the glamour treatment and can cope with filfulling their roles, realise he's a better player than all them combine and put his talent to the benefit of the club. Sooner or later, the 7 jersey may come up for re-evaluation, and if he's done the right things on and off the paddock he'll get the gig.

This is not a go at Lance in particular, its a go at the culture of the club that players can't respect they earn the jersey, and they honour their contracts.

ozbash

Referee
Ozbash, can you not see this?? dont listen to him scotty, he has psychiatric problems, cant recognise a good 5/8 when he see one :roll:

have you all forgotten about a little short arsed gentleman playing in france at the moment ? he will be around for a couple more years yet.

also, although our #7 options appear a little thin on the ground at the moment,, rest assured they wont be like that for much longer.... " you heard it here first".

getting back to lancelot,, thomas is a much better, natural, skilled halfback.

Scott

Bench
ozbash said:
Ozbash, can you not see this?? dont listen to him scotty, he has psychiatric problems, cant recognise a good 5/8 when he see one :roll:

have you all forgotten about a little short arsed gentleman playing in france at the moment ? he will be around for a couple more years yet.

also, although our #7 options appear a little thin on the ground at the moment,, rest assured they wont be like that for much longer.... " you heard it here first".

getting back to lancelot,, thomas is a much better, natural, skilled halfback.

If you think Lueluai (sp) is a better 7 than Hohaia then you have lost the plot completely.

Stacey will be around till the World Cup in 2008 at best.

ozbash

Referee
Stacey will be around till the World Cup in 2008 at best.

well, thats still 2 years. whats the problem ?

btw, i know exactly where the 'plot' is.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
I can recognise a no-talent, over-rated hack when I see one. And he's currently playing in the Warriors #6 jersey.

And every time Thomas Leuluai pulls on a Kiwis jersey, it's a national disgrace. New Zealanders would be more proud of the Featherston POW massacre than Leuluai running around in the Kiwis jersey.

Scott

Bench
When Stacey retires from the Kiwi's (again), I think Hohaia should be the man to step into his position. I'll leave it at that now. I've said my peace.

Skinner

Coach
Scott said:
When Stacey retires from the Kiwi's (again), I think Hohaia should be the man to step into his position. I'll leave it at that now. I've said my peace.

I'm not expecting hell to freeze over quite so soon......

Latest posts