What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Homesick' Ben Hannant may quit Bulldogs

Evenflow

Bench
If this is true and that's a big if, Hannant needs to man the hell up and honor his commitments and contractual agreements. Don't move interstate for the big bucks in the first place if you're gonna get homesick and realize the grass isn't as green on the other side.

Slackboy72

Coach
But then you'd have top play for the bulldogs and that surely is a one way ticket to eternal damnation.

Canard

Immortal
So a week after having a News Ltd paper (the Couriermail) has an article about how the Broncos are making Hannant there no.1 target, comes a story by another News Ltd paper (the Tele) saying how he wants out?

the_eel

Juniors
I dont know if Hannant would leave early on his contract but i do know for a fact that he is homesick and definitely keen to return to qld.

Sleep

Juniors
That would be a huge, huge blow to the Dogs if they lose him. Their forward pack would really struggle. He's easily their best.

The Colonel

Immortal
Maybe he should have thought about 'homesickness' before he signed on with the Dogs. Hope that they either enforce the deal or make him sit out the remaining time on the sidelines if it is true. The uproar if the Dogs tried to force him out of the remaining year or so on his deal would be deafening.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Hannant doesn't strike me as a bloke to back out on a contract.

That's exactly what I was thinking. He seems to love the place from all interviews. He even stands on the sideline when he gets interviews and goes "Go the Doggies". He'll always be a Queenslander at heart, but he needs to honour a contract.

Lets wait and hear what he has to say.

Chook Herron

Juniors
Isn't "homesickness" the reason he also left the Roosters?

Yep, that's the first thing I thought of when I read the article which if it is the case again, the Bulldogs should force him to honor his contract. He had the chance to go back up to Queensland when he left the Roosters only to chase the dollars back in Sydney again.

ByRd

First Grade
Sick of these players claiming these dumb reasons, no one forced him to sign with him and he has talked saying he loves it etc. and then he says his homesick and these rumous wont go away, the clubs should have more power and make players sit out the remainder of their contract otherwise this can happen at any time.

ironhorse

Juniors
Media manager was just on 2sm talking sport claiming he is not going anywhere - for 2010 ... i think he is contracted to the end of 2011 but i doubt he'll be there next season personally . A religious man with a religious wife and religious family in another state and with 3 young kids = recipe for disaster . the bulldogs deserve some serious compensation if he does go though.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The clubs can enforce it, but often don't.

He seems a genuine type to me, can't imagine he wouldn't want to se it out. It was reported on 10 as well, but I reckon it will be forgotten pretty quickly.

If true, it could really hurt the harmony in the Dogs camp. He's their rock in the forwards.

I agree with RCB. Boo Hoo.

UnderDawgg

Juniors
Apparently his wife wants to go home, Hannant is happy at the dogs. We are the 'family club' so it would be ridiculous for the Dogs to ignore his family's needs