What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

honestly

cooteville

Juniors
Ok Honestly kids how do you rekon the bunnies will go next year!!!!
I rekon well finish 5th in the minor rounds. and beaten in the major semi

how about you

cooteville said:
Ok Honestly kids how do you rekon the bunnies will go next year!!!!
I rekon well finish 5th in the minor rounds. and beaten in the major semi

how about you

you been at the sherry cabinet again :crazy:

Seth Gecko

Juniors
I recon they wont make the 8. I say that sadly. They did well in 07 but that team han't really been strengthened. Wing is good but not what he was. Maybe scrape into the 8.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
As an outsider and being totally honest? you guys lack depth in the backs and whilst Wing is a good signing you guys will still struggle quite abit with a consistent 5/8, nothing wrong with your forward pack though.

I think 8th/9th is the area you guys will be at.

Dave Q

Coach
To be honest the 2008 roster looks stronger than 2007 and we were only a few wins off 4th this year-and thats for a team that struggled in attack for much of the year. A side that almost brought the eventual premiers to their knees and pantsed the other grand finalist a few weeks from the finals.

A side that has tasted finals glory and knows what it takes to get there ( unlike other rabbitoh sides for a number of years).

A side coached by one of the most successful coaches in the modern game.. who more than does his homework.

Take the basis of 2007 add Wing, add Kidwell, add the continuing progress and experience of the Young Guns ( Luke, Talanoa, Pettybourne, Paea)

Consider the diagonal rise of fringe players like Ben Lowe, Manufakoa and Buddy.

An uninjured Nathan Merritt and the surprise form of Rogers and tradesmanlike efforts of Jeremy Smith.

Throw in NZ International Fa'alogo and the might and power of Roy (the best forward, some say best player, in the world).

By the law of averages, even Hegs is due for some luck next season ( in spades ).

The players and the coach will be on same page at levels as yet unseen ( except perhaps the game v Tigers).

Most of the players are now peaking in age, ability and committment...jumping out of their socks to deliver unto us Premiership 21.

Add the best training and physio staff to minimise and prevent injuries.

A competitive junior structure.

Backed and supported by the most loyal and ardent fans in the league.

This side drips with quality, highly tuned, beautifully balanced and shouldnt fear anyone.

Top 4 at least.

Genuine Premiership Contenders.

Watch out for:-

This will be one cruel and unforgiving football squad....the likes of which weve never seen.

We fluttered our eyelashes as the big boys in 2007. Now we fugging mean business.

Thats the feeling around the club right now.

And thats my honest view.

punton

Juniors
Ron, your thoughts are sobering and understandable but as usual, Dave has sent me back to cloud 9.

To Souths supporters these days, cloud 9 doesn't have a false floor. ;-)

Dave Q

Coach
Our premier league side reaches the grand final and Ron asserts that we "lack depth"

With respect Ron, the facts suggest the exact opposite.

Seth Gecko

Juniors
It will come down to alot of football God factors....... injuries, bounce of the ball etc. Cronulla will go better, Dogs will struggle. If they get some consistency again the Bunnies will make the 8.

Dave Q

Coach
Seth Gecko said:
It will come down to alot of football God factors....... injuries, bounce of the ball etc. Cronulla will go better, Dogs will struggle. If they get some consistency again the Bunnies will make the 8.

Thats a good point about injuries, hard to avoid, possible to contain or lesson the impact using good science.

Bob Fulton thinks we will make the 8 next season simply because the players and coach will have a better understanding of each other.

We had one hell of a ride to the finals, it was as good as sudden death for several weeks.

Bumble nominated the Tigers win, but in my mind, that win v Saints at WIN was better and one of our strongest wins of all time, genuinely empowering, at least as good as the Tigers romp.

We ensured we got to the finals with a game to spare. Thats quite an achievement. Not all sides could have risen to the occasion like we did. We just wouldnt roll over and die. We stood and fought and that for mine makes our 2007 squad legendary. In some ways I can relate better to that side than the teams (I never saw) who won the Premiership.

We were in much better shape than Brisbane when we got there. Who would have thought was possible in 2006?

And the foundations of the 2006 side where still mostly intact in 2007. An amazing turn about.

I watched once ordinary players rise, it was wonderful and theres no indications, not a skerrick, that they will slip back into the abyss.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
I honestly believe we will finish either 3, 4 , 5 or 6.

Forward pack remains the same with Kidwell to return and the MASSIVE improvement of Greenfield. Wing in the halves with either Rogers Paea or Smith. Smith and Paea would of learnt alot with the New Zealand team even though they got trounced.

Merritt was a massive loss for the final rounds for the bunnies and he will be raring to go at fullback next year.

Last year was fantastic now we have to do it again

Go Bunnies

Gee_Up

Juniors
I think our side below could test all the teams but if an outside back is injured we will struggle badly.

Merritt
Gordon
Vagana
Talanoa
Hegarty
Wing * Replaced by Rogers and moves to Hooker
Paea/Smith * Prefer Paea is given first crack but JT's mate will have first showing
Asotasi
Luke * Replaced during game by Wing
Cusack
Kidwell
Stuart * Replaced by Fa'alogo
Sutton

Widders
Rogers
Greenfield
Mana or Geddes * Until Fa'alogo comes back then replaced by Stuart