What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooker

woodley_11

Juniors
With Fien looking like he will be seeing a lengthy stint recovering from a broken ankle, what would you do to solve the problem at hooker?

It seems as though a lot of people see it as one of our major problems, with the most likely choice Young, being slow and not creative enough out of hooker. I think perhaps Young might be the best option as he is a great defender and as proven last year we can be consistently successful off the back of our defence and safe play in attack. This is of course until Fien is right to come back, where we can look to build the momentum and unpredictability in attack toward the back end of the season that we were lacking in 2009.

There is also Priddis, who is a bit older but is experienced. As well as King and Rein who play the position for the Toyota Cup side, both of whom have very positive reputations.

dubopov

Coach
With Fien looking like he will be seeing a lengthy stint recovering from a broken ankle, what would you do to solve the problem at hooker?

It seems as though a lot of people see it as one of our major problems, with the most likely choice Young, being slow and not creative enough out of hooker.

.. and Young is a sh*thouse passer, particularly to the right ..

nqcowboy87

Bench
i think you guys should start with young and then look to bring priddis on midway through the first half, sort of how you used to play young and ennis/gorrell together

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Both our tries were setup by Fien, can you imagine Young doing the same?

I'd prefer father time Priddis over Young.

Hornby would also be handy there

pixi

Juniors
No good looking at king from the Toyota Cup, heard he gets operated on next week, for a shoulder injury he got when he played the trial in cairns. The kid is devestated. Cameron was looking forward to a big year, having trained in the off season with the first grade boys. Could be out for the season.

pixi

Juniors
No good looking at king from the Toyota Cup, heard he gets operated on next week, for a shoulder injury he got when he played the trial in cairns. The kid is devestated. Cameron was looking forward to a big year, having trained in the off season with the first grade boys. Could be out for the season.

RedVDave

First Grade
Priddis can play 80 minutes give the gig to him and maybe Mitch Rein or Cam King on the bench for exp or incase of injuries. (please no anymore)

Mattc

Juniors
I think Young will start for the first 20 or so, then Priddis will play the rest of the game.
Not saying thats what I would like to see happen, but that is what I think will happen. This early in the season, I see Bennett keeping things simple.

woodley_11

Juniors
Or Young may start at hooker, then bring on Rein/King from U/20's for some spark later in the game if the circumstances require it, similar to how Bennett used Head/Fien last season. Seemed to work well in the regular season and should work this year until Fien comes back.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Is there any room in our cap to possibly sign someone like michael sullivan, or an Aaron Gorell.
If Gorell is available, grab him.
He had a good year with the broncos
We need a Cam Smith - I'm feeling Hornby

Young is definately not a hooker
Priddis is a option - But he is past his best

petetheileet

First Grade
^^ You said it!!^^

Id go with Priddis and Rein/King for now

If Rein and King weren't up to it id go Stanley when he comes back