What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Horn V Mundine !

ouryears

Bench
Well said, my sentiments exactly.

I meet him at a charity function once and I spoke to him. I basically said whilst I respect you for coming in support of the event...I'll never forgive you for leaving us twice and the 1999 GF. He looked at me with a surprise or shock that it meant that much to me I'd mention it at a charity event.

I does.
I think if he wore the big red V in the ring you boys would be swayed
Really he didn’t cost us the 99 GF
Players make mistakes all the time
Plenty bomb a try or let a try in

We scored minutes after that bombed try in any case
No one player can be blamed
We took our foot off the pedal and lost
We lost our ball control in the final 15 mins

Anyhow, I hope choc wins

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes a straight cross to the head of his wife and over the balcony she went

The fact that they knew that he was a cold blooded mongrel well and truly before the fight is the reason why , at least in my books , his manager made a shocking error of judgment in signing Tony up to fight hm .

Mate I remember looking at a photo of him and he scared the living shat out of me , can only imagine what thoughts went through Tony Mundine’s mind when told that he would be fighting him in South America in front of a cut throat home crowd , poor beggar .

Warabrook saint

Juniors
The fact that they knew that he was a cold blooded mongrel well and truly before the fight is the reason why , at least in my books , his manager made a shocking error of judgment in signing Tony up to fight hm .

Mate I remember looking at a photo of him and he scared the living shat out of me , can only imagine what thoughts went through Tony Mundine’s mind when told that he would be fighting him in South America in front of a cut throat home crowd , poor beggar .
Did you know that the crowd was chanting Mundini Mundini at the end of the fight because of the heart he showed on the night against their champion

Gareth67

First Grade
Did you know that the crowd was chanting Mundini Mundini at the end of the fight because of the heart he showed on the night against their champion

Ha , my memory is not that good Warabrook . I was listening to the fight on a tranny - no not that type - a radio at Frazier Park near Central Coast on a Sunday afternoon . They would only gave you updates every 10 minutes or so , but as you said the man put in a lion hearted effort and done his country and family proud .

counterpuncher

Juniors
Probably not hard to guess where my allegiance lies, always been a big Mundine fan. We were a bloody entertaining side to watch in his time. He had a few tricks in his book that nobody else could quite pull off, one of the best was the way he could hit dummy half at full pace, scoop the ball up one handed and go sailing straight through the line with raw speed... unbelievable.

Would love to see Choc go out a winner. I'm a monster boxing fan and Horn is a great kid but his support staff (mainly Glenn Rushton) leave me a bit cold. That "breaking the heavy bag" clip was laughable.

St Georgio

Juniors
J.Horn could end up the best ever Aussie fighter, to beat Manny Paquiao was a massive effort, Manny-he is the only eight division world champion in the history of boxing.
For Choc surely it is time for him to retire for good, hopefully his son can replicate his footy skills for the Red V, for the long term.

ViceVersa

Juniors
J.Horn could end up the best ever Aussie fighter, to beat Manny Paquiao was a massive effort, Manny-he is the only eight division world champion in the history of boxing.
For Choc surely it is time for him to retire for good, hopefully his son can replicate his footy skills for the Red V, for the long term.

Or maybe Horn is the most overrated Aussie boxer ever. Landing only 15% of his punches and one judge scores it 117-111 against a 38 year old Pacquiao.. Mundine 43, needed a miracle especially how he had to shred to under 75kg

ouryears

Bench
Horn beating a 41 yr old proves nothing.
Got beaten up badly the fight before.
Beat the PAC man sure, but Manny was way past his best....and the decision was highly contentious.
Hope he does become a great, but the jury is well and truly out until we see him up against high ranked boxers.....not 41 year olds

Crush

Coach
Boxing is a joke. UFC is a million times better. In boxing they talk it up for months saying how they are going to "hurt" the opponent then put on their fluffy gloves and the ref stops the fight the second it looks like anyone may get "hurt".
In UFC if you talk it up you better be able to back it up because you will take a beating before the ref stops the fight.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well he certainly met his Waterloo in a big bluudy way , did he not ? Eyes :eyes: closed before he hit the canvas oh my ! Use your common sense Anthony and do as you have said and retire and never ever think about a comeback as your better days have gone .

possm

Coach
Looked sus to me Alsgi,
Punch that landed did not look very hard
Horns style, swinging punches thrown from a disance in a round arm style looked hopeless as well
The whole thing reaks and sucks.
Horn fighting a 43 yr old, says it all

I would go as far as saying that the knock down looked planned. The event was just a way of pocketing coin for both boxers.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I would go as far as saying that the knock down looked planned. The event was just a way of pocketing coin for both boxers.

I thought it was the latest edition of Married at First Sight.
Starts off with a bit of chit chat.
One gets punched around the ring early on.
Finished off with with some ranting and raving before moving on to the next.

Last edited: