What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are Storm the most popular club?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
[
You say this as if it’s the only team playing on TV, can it be that the teams that are playing have a bigger viewership.

If that was the case it would decrease their average.

I think it would be foolish to suggest the storm don't provide value to the nrl.

For the record I like the storm existing as a defacto additional Queensland side. Love that they have embarrassed the broncos since the broncos pre storm players retired. We all agree that there should be a second Brisbane team to break up the advantages the Bronx have and right now the storm are doing some of that job..

Is it any wonder smoothbrains like IBM are constantly seething about the storm

Class act from the Storm here. Free membership next season for 2020/21 members..

E_zAG7zVIAw0IRG.jpg

STORM.99/07

Bench
Given their track record of rorting the salary cap, though, you’ve got to wonder if they’ve “lifted that premiership” artificially, no?
Eels rorted the cap by $3 million between 2013-2016 and they were useless. They only got punished with a feather by the nrl. We aren't the only ones who cheated. We copped our punishment and have moved on from it.
.I have been a passionate Storm member since 99 season..... and I would buy my membership every year they day they go on sale...I bet most of you would love your teams to be as successful as Storm .
I was told in 2011 by a Rooster supporter that Storm will go through a rebuilding phase and it will take awhile to be a good team and be a threat to anyone...
How many of you would drive interstate 5 or 6 times a year to see your team play. I did it for 16 years. I live 130 km from Melbourne now and I didn't miss any games that they played at home this year.

Eels rorted the cap by $3 million between 2013-2016 and they were useless. They only got punished with a feather by the nrl. We aren't the only ones who cheated. We copped our punishment and have moved on from it.
.I have been a passionate Storm member since 99 season..... and I would buy my membership every year they day they go on sale...I bet most of you would love your teams to be as successful as Storm .
I was told in 2011 by a Rooster supporter that Storm will go through a rebuilding phase and it will take awhile to be a good team and be a threat to anyone...
How many of you would drive interstate 5 or 6 times a year to see your team play. I did it for 16 years. I live 130 km from Melbourne now and I didn't miss any games that they played at home this year.
Great to see the support you have for your club.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Storm members had a collection to put money on the bar for our Champions to thank them for the great season they have given us..
We did the same last season and the team really appreciated the gesture.

gerg

Juniors
Storm members had a collection to put money on the bar for our Champions to thank them for the great season they have given us..
We did the same last season and the team really appreciated the gesture.
So the members bought beers for Cam Smith, who'd earnt somewhere between 5 - 10 million dollars during his career. Bravo to you, you idiots.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Just so you know, you didn't at all 'cop your punishment'. I feel it's still worth challenging this every time a Storm fan says it. You marched against it, built a siege mentality against it, players still post 2007 and 2009 GF photos claiming them. Even there, it's 'we aren't the only ones who cheated'. I'm teaching my 6 year old to be better than that when she gets caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

footy75

Bench

nice. Good stuff.

gerg

Juniors
Just so you know, you didn't at all 'cop your punishment'. I feel it's still worth challenging this every time a Storm fan says it. You marched against it, built a siege mentality against it, players still post 2007 and 2009 GF photos claiming them. Even there, it's 'we aren't the only ones who cheated'. I'm teaching my 6 year old to be better than that when she gets caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

The entire playing and coaching staff completely refused to cooperate with the investigation didn't they?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
The entire playing and coaching staff completely refused to cooperate with the investigation didn't they?
Probably. Put it all on Wally Waldrom, then we don't have to reflect on the fact that big name players and the coach were probably absolutely complicit in the whole rort.

So to answer the thread question, the Storm are partly popular because they cheated their arse off, which built a solid fan base built on their illegitimate success.

Look at their crowd numbers. Well over 10k average in their first four years of success, dropped right down from 2002-05 when they started losing, then back up again when they started rorting the cap.

STORM.99/07

Bench
Absolutely it kind of does, my brothers and I have been waiting years for Cronulla just to make it to Grand final but to win it was so special we literally where hugging each other with tears of joy…
Even though we lost that GF I was happy for my long suffering Flakes supporting nephew.