What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How awful are the Warriors?!!!

Grapple

Bench
like Ben Henry but he ain't a centre, Inu & Hurrell would be my starting centres, I think i'd play Manu in a more T rex style and have Fish on the wing with Locke at the back. They just don't look like they do any work on D, last year there lind D was good this year it doesn't exist.

Interesting about Manu. I doubt he could handle a forward/2nd row role though, but how good would he be coming off the bench? I'd like to see that.

Izz

Bench
Mateo is a solid back rower, yet they start him on the bench, then bring him on after they're down like 16-0. Why?
Bringing Mateo off the bench worked pretty well last year. Except we were usually still in the contest, so he didn't feel he had to go for miracle plays to get us back in it.

Izz

Bench
This time last year the Warriors were in a similar position. Even their late finals surge was on the back of comebacks after letting the opposition get away to a flier. This season they are doing the same but the comeback has deserted them lately.
Nah, not really. Win-loss might be similar, but the manner of the losses is quite different. Can't recall us giving away too many 16-0 starts, either.

Warriors looked disinterested and too many pushed passes IMO...Agree that Henry is a weak point in the backline but I also think that they desperately need the Luck back to add some structure to the middle of the ruck.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Pretty awful. Just like the tigers were when we beat them.

Or maybe Canberra aren't as bad as people think. Suits me fine.

Dr_Deez

Juniors
Just seen the footage of the half time talk in warriors locker room, they look like they just don' care, Coach talking no one looking at him, they wer all gone in lala land, just points to me that this is not a happy camp.....

aussies1st

Staff member
Nah, not really. Win-loss might be similar, but the manner of the losses is quite different. Can't recall us giving away too many 16-0 starts, either.

3rd game of last year saw a 18-0 start. Haven't checked the whole season but the Finals show the story. Broncos game it was 24-0, Tigers 12-0 after 21 minutes and then the grand final 18-2.

Izz

Bench
3rd game of last year saw a 18-0 start. Haven't checked the whole season but the Finals show the story. Broncos game it was 24-0, Tigers 12-0 after 21 minutes and then the grand final 18-2.
The finals show the story of the finals. That round 3 game you mention was the only game last regular season where we gave up more than 12 points before putting points of our own on the board.

firechild

First Grade
Did someone say Manly...

Manly have lost by 3, 9 and 11 points. They have only conceded more tries than they scored once so far. While they're certainly not looking like a premiership threat at this stage they are looking a lot better than the Warriors.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Still early days I know, but has the losing grand final sides ever looked as bad as they have the last 3 seasons?

Parra 12th in 2010
Roosters 11th in 2011
Warriors Currently in 12th (could be 13th at the completion of the round)

I guess all three were somewhat fluky appearances though, coming from 8th, 6th and 6th on the ladder respectively, but all three had good late season form. One would think losing a grand final would inspire a team to take it to the next level the following year.

Last edited:
Vatuvei is awful this season. If he carries on like this I hope he isn't starting for the Kiwis. Couldn't care less about his impact running if he continues to bomb simple plays.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
The Warriors are
gggggggggooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

--Storm--

Juniors
Parra 12th in 2010
Roosters 11th in 2011
Warriors Currently in 12th (could be 13th at the completion of the round)

All three just made the Final because of a good run toward the end of season; none of them were one of the best 4 teams that year they made the final, in other words all three got lucky, all three were & are average teams

hitman82

Bench

Last year we couldn't score points... this year we can't prevent them being scored against us. I know which I'd prefer...

At least a solid defensive structure would give me hope for the upcoming rounds. Sadly, this is not the case.

Snappy

Coach
One would think losing a grand final would inspire a team to take it to the next level the following year.

One would think so, but it seems like the new coach has come in and messed with everything. They are playing with no discipline or structure. They are trying to go wide too quickly and pushing offloads that aren't on, not to mention they have forgotten how to tackle.

Latest posts