What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Benny Elias put the bite on the Tigers

Lambretta

First Grade
Only at scum club like Balmain would a piece of human filth like 'Back door' Ben Elias be so revered. No disrespect to old Western Suburbs fans.

1909 mate ;-)

776441_black_kettle_1.jpg

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Have you even looked at a map of Sydney you f**king muppet?

If there was a Western Sydney "superclub" it would be an amalgamation of PENRITH AND PARRAMATTA and would probably be based at Blacktown.

If you merged Wests Tigers and Penrith the only geographical centres between them would be Badgerys Creek or Liverpool.

One is in the middle of f**king nowhere - the other might have an airport built on it..... I mean is Bulldogs territory as much as anything else.

But another poster has hit the nail on the head - if Balmain go arse up, the NRL franchise will go to Wests Tigers as an independent team. The reserve grade stuff will most likely all become Wests Magpies. Funny that.
Smeg/Gronkathon is right. I know where Penrith and Cambelltown are. Penrith and
Parramatta makes obvious sense, except if the magpies territory became available, they
could create a far less painful merger between Wests and Penrith (dumping the
Balmain side altogether). Wests and Penrith are two problem areas for rugby league.

Penrith is in the West, Campbelltown the south west. They have similar cultures.
They have far more in common than Balmain and Wests. Destroying Parramatta
is simply a no go zone in my opinion. If Wests Tigers go belly up, they will likely
get the licence in their own right, but they won't waste a licence on the magpies.

SFS to Campbelltown would be similar distance to Campbelltown to Penrith. Maybe
a 50/50 split.

If the IC is crazy, they might just try and merge all three, if Wests Tigers went belly
up.

Additionally, the possibility of being the magpies being merged with Penrith has
been discussed at some length on the magpies forum if they manage to break
the merger and aren't readmitted in their own right. Old magpie supporters
feel Balmain has screwed them and Wests Tigers is nothing but a reincarnation of
Balmain. A number of magpie supporters would rather be merged with Penrith.

There is a group of magpies supporters currently agitating to break the merger.

Funny that.

Last edited:

Mr Spock!

Referee
You brought a tear to my eye Mr Spock. And gave CrazyTiger a coronary.

I always had a soft spot for the Magpies.

Loved that team in the 70s with Dorahy, Brown, Boyd, Donnelly, Raudonikis, Ron Giteau.

Gee they're struggling in the NSW Cup though.

innsaneink

Referee
I always had a soft spot for the Magpies.

Loved that team in the 70s with Dorahy, Brown, Boyd, Donnelly, Raudonikis, Ron Giteau.

Gee they're struggling in the NSW Cup though.
Under Sheens current set up, the best go to Balmain/Ryde... Wests get the rest

Perth Red

Post Whore
How reliant are Wests Tigers on funding from the Leagues clubs of Balmain and Magpies? I am guessing looking at the losses the Balmain club is incurring they are not giving much funding to the Tigers at the moment?

RedVee

First Grade
How reliant are Wests Tigers on funding from the Leagues clubs of Balmain and Magpies? I am guessing looking at the losses the Balmain club is incurring they are not giving much funding to the Tigers at the moment?

I think you are correct in that assumption. Think why the 'Balmain' version of the NSW Cup has Ryde Eastwood appended to the name.

gronkathon

First Grade

Virtually nothing

As for the NSW Cup teams Wests Ashfield funds the Pies and Ryde Eastwood funds the BRET side

Perth Red

Post Whore
So in theory the success or failure of the leagues club matters not to the success of the Wests Tigers NRL franchise

gronkathon

First Grade
Correctomundo.

A couple of blockbuster crowds and we are set to make a profit independant of any leagues club grants I believe as we came very close last year

Perth Red

Post Whore
That's good to hear, so why any talk of the merger splitting and Tigers not being a part of it?

meltiger

First Grade
Divisive fossilised dickheads that cant accept the JV, with nothing better to do than sprout lies and bullshit

Yep

Sadly though, there are some legit complaints buried amongst the whinging about the state cup side (the amount of games in each district being paramount amongst them)

CrazyTiger

Juniors
Divisive fossilised dickheads that cant accept the JV, with nothing better to do than sprout lies and bullshit

You are one of those people. Why don't you own up to giving advice to galahs on how
you were advising him how to make an impact at the magpies rally earlier this year on
the magpies forum.

You have been covertly supporting this group, so why don't you come clean.

Latest posts