What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Bizarre...

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
In Race 3 on the Gold Coast yesterday, Volkhere and Hi Son quinellaed their fifth consecutive race. I would have to say quite a rare feat but just goes to show the lack of depth in Queensland racing.

Does anyone recall similar runs of freakish results?

The only one that comes to mind were the 1982 Spring Champion Stakes and the Victorian Derby where Veloso, Cossack Prince and Grosvenor filled the trifecta in both races.

I have a feeling that a couple of races that Clovelly Bay ran in during the mid 1980s might fit the same bill.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
In Race 3 on the Gold Coast yesterday, Volkhere and Hi Son quinellaed their fifth consecutive race. I would have to say quite a rare feat but just goes to show the lack of depth in Queensland racing.

The only one that comes to mind were the 1982 Spring Champion Stakes and the Victorian Derby where Veloso, Cossack Prince and Grosvenor filled the trifecta in both races.

I have a feeling that a couple of races that Clovelly Bay ran in during the mid 1980s might fit the same bill.

Affirmed and Alydar ran the quinella 9 times

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
My brother has been backing the exacta every time on those 2 horses.he loves those plodders

With Tattsbet, if you put $1 on the first quinella and invested the return on the next quinella and so on, you'd end up with $3625!

Likewise, with the exacta, after the five races you'd have a whopping $165, 273 for your $1!

Only if we knew.....

ek999

First Grade

How many times did Black Caviar and Hay list go 1 and 2?

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Here's another one.

"Queensland results show the famous 1970s Brisbane rivals Bengalla Lad and Charlton Boy hold the record for the same horses running quinellas with nine.

They were actually placed in the same race 14 times, nine of them quinellas, the others 1-3 or 2-3.

Three of the quinellas were in the Doomben 10000 twice and the Queensland Guineas.

One or other of them ran second in the Stradbroke in three successive years.