What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can a JUMPING system be implemented for next version?

lionmaul

Juniors
Bowdus said:
lionmaul- can’t argue with people wanting more input, personally I hate extra buttons/button uses to remember (brain is getting too slow), however how about a new idea mixed of stolen suggestions from other people. Lets presume a bomb is approaching the ground with an AI opponent and your own player within catching distance now you can't tackle a player without the ball or someone in mid-air so the tackle button will be the one selected for the job. As you think the ball is approaching the ground you push and hold the tackle button this will make the player leap, if your jump is good and the ball is now within reach you can release the tackle button to snatch at the ball. Jump too early your going to miss it or not be higher and thus in worse position then the opponent. Release the button too early or too late and you snatch at air and the ball is either ripe for the computer to catch or missed completely and bounces. Grab it at the right time and you not only have the ball but also have your finger on the button to plant the ball down for a try. Of course two perfect grabs at the ball would probably result in a knock on or maybe even a players strength determining the winner.

How does one judge the right time to grab it? Well why not something very simple like an icon on the ground directly where the ball will land. It will not only tell you where you should be jumping from but as it approaches the perfect catching height it will either change colour or reduce in size or something to indicate now is your chance to grab it.

Well there's version 2.0 of my idea, crude, but still feel free to criticise, butcher or insult it.

Good idea, I like it. Combine the tackle button with the bullseye system and there you go. Its a good idea because most people already have set up there controller so they can press the aggression button and the tackle button at the same time. You can use the same system for jumps as for tackleing, press the aggression button along with the players location, rating, height, catching, along with the other factors in my previous post to determine who wins, you can even use the Agressive tackle combo to try an even more dangerous type of catch or jump that could be penalized just like the high tackle. This would work with the diving aswell.
And I guess if the jump is in the try zone the animation would be an automatic placing of the ball down animation after the jump and the catch.
Unless anyone can think of a time when you would want to tackle when the ball is in the air. That systems seems pretty dam good.
Cheers and Salu