What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How confident are we about Friday Night?

Leagueguy

Juniors
I'll go out on a limb and say that we'll beat the dogs provided we do a couple of things. Firstly our forwards have to throw the ball round a little bit. In a tight battle second phase play will give us valuable metres and we have players that love broken play. I just hope we stick to our plan and don't panic in attack or revert back to one out stuff. If we stay calm though and pick our moments to offload I'm confident we'll win.

salivor

First Grade
I'm pretty confident and that worries me because everytime I'm confident of a Broncos win we seem to get beaten. The last time I felt as confident as this I went and put some money on the Broncos at the TAB and we lost to Melbourne in the clubs worst ever defeat lol, won't be making that mistake again.

The reason I'm confident about the Dogs is that while they're a great side, they're not a style that troubles the Broncos. They've got a big pack, they play a very simple game plan and that's to intimidate sides up front and we're one pack that doesn't get intimidated. Also with Perry and Huges as their dummy half options, I don't think they'll trouble us around the rucks which is our biggest weakness.

We've managed to completely dominate their pack twice this year by getting off our line quickly and cutting them down before they can do any damage. I don't think we'll dominate them up front this time around but we'll hold our own and I think that's all we need to do, Lockyer who has been on fire for the last 6 weeks has the ability to do the rest.

Then again the ugly Broncos that showed up against Canberra and the Dragons could come out, you just never know with this side.

sheldy

Juniors
I am confident that they will win, mainly because of the red hot form we are in. Nothing beats form in any football match.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
MONY said:
You guys better win, can't stand seeing the Bulldogs in another GF.

:O

God forbid a team be successful :sarcasm:

mike83au

Juniors
Timmah said:
:eek:

God forbid a team be successful :sarcasm:

Tall Poppy Syndrome.

This bloke reckons that the Dogs have been in heaps of GF's but the Broncs have been in just as many, if not more than the Dogs, since the 90s.

Can't even get his facts straight.....

Go the Broncs!

renouf

Juniors
Confident if we stick to the game plan

Control possession & Kick well

the rest of it will sort itself out, however if we start to make stupid mistakes in our half it'll play into bulldogs hands. Brisbane have all the momentum, its the bulldogs who haven't played for 2 weeks and have 2 players coming back who haven't played for a month. Plus the fact that we know howto beat the bulldogs..

Big Pete

Referee
I'm quietly confident.

It depends on our line speed in defence. We put them on the back foot in the forwards than I don't think they can beat us.

sheldy

Juniors
Yeah i agree, line defence is extreemly important especilly when they are attacking our line. But i reckon they should move Hodges into the centers to contain Sonny Bill.

broncoman

Juniors
we know how well we can defend, even when we are off our game we still generally dont leak many points, its just scoring them which could be hard. We need bodies in motion all the time and players supporting in numbers or we will be shut down too easily...

broncoman

Juniors
sheldy said:
Yeah i agree, line defence is extreemly important especilly when they are attacking our line. But i reckon they should move Hodges into the centers to contain Sonny Bill.
Hodges is starting in the centres with K at the back isnt he?
i was sure i heard that change yesterday...

salivor

First Grade
gcbronco said:
Hunt is at fullback and Hodges is in the centres. I have also heard a rumour that Tupou will play off the bench for this one to give Bennett an option in the backrow and the backs in place of Ben Hannant.

Confirmed

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20454272-23214,00.html

Not a big fan of that, I would've rather have seen Eastwood in that roll considering he's filled in at centre and wing this season.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
mike83au said:
Tall Poppy Syndrome.

This bloke reckons that the Dogs have been in heaps of GF's but the Broncs have been in just as many, if not more than the Dogs, since the 90s.

Can't even get his facts straight.....

Go the Broncs!

Since Brisbane's inception in 1988:
Brisbane Grand Finals 92 93 97 98 00
Bulldogs Grand Finals 88 94 95 98 04

Yes, your strike rate is better with with 5/5 vs our 3/5 but we've reached the same amount of GF's.

gcbronco

Juniors
salivor said:
Not a big fan of that, I would've rather have seen Eastwood in that roll considering he's filled in at centre and wing this season.

After his efforts in the Queensland Cup Grand Final I would say his got a lot of work to get back into first grade on that pissweak effort before I would contemplate his return, one of the softest tries I've seen conceeded from him after trying to put a hit on like TC and coming off looking like Jason Taylor. His attitude to his football has gone downhill since the news of his offfield problems surfaced.

salivor

First Grade
Being in NZ I obviously didn't get to see the Qld Cup final but it wouldn't surprise me if there are attitude problems there the way Bennett dropped him out of the blue and then news surfaces of his driving indescretions. I hope he doesn't become our next Carl Webb.

Latest posts