What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How confident are we?

Yosh

Coach
The thing is that the doggies have a great forward pack and a backline that really just supports the forward pack. If we can match them in the forwards our backs have enough quality to hold out against the dogs backs even though if our backline is relatively noob. Thats what I think, its all up to our forwards!!!

Pika

Bench
I am intersted in how Sonny Bill goes.

First pre season in a long time without serious injury.

Has gained 10kg of lean mass and has also improved his 40 and 100 times.

The loss of Asotasi will be felt.

I agree with the previous posts, if we gain ascendency in the forwards, we have enough quality in the back line to win.

That said, they are an impressive pack.

League_God

Juniors
Yosh said:
The thing is that the doggies have a great forward pack and a backline that really just supports the forward pack. If we can match them in the forwards our backs have enough quality to hold out against the dogs backs even though if our backline is relatively noob. Thats what I think, its all up to our forwards!!!
spot on the money there Yosh, and we definately can mathc them in the forwards.that is all

nickdemonknight

Juniors
I think that for the moment Carmont has to be in the team. Firstly because he is one of the few backline players left from last season. Secondly he had a great finnish to last season finding some good form which he capped off when he captained Samoa. Unless he has had a really shocking off season he should be there somewhere. He would have some confidence in how he is playing, especially after he captained Samoa and scored a try a match or better for them (from memory).

CJKnight

Juniors
I saw a picture of Carmont tackling someone in a pre-season trial game (sorry can't find it again). He was looking nice and fit, certainly bigger than his winger who was also invovled in the tackle.

If Kidley is not going to partner Doogs in the centres, then I think we need to have Carmont for his experience out wide alone. His tackling improved at the end of last season too, which will impress Smith who seems to have the "lets tighten up the defence" vibe going.

knightsyeah12

Juniors
I'm not sure how they boys will go we are a new team in a sence that we have alot of new player and we dont know how they will play together. its gonna be a very interesting game IMO

Yosh

Coach
Pika said:
I am intersted in how Sonny Bill goes.

First pre season in a long time without serious injury.

Has gained 10kg of lean mass and has also improved his 40 and 100 times.

The loss of Asotasi will be felt.

I agree with the previous posts, if we gain ascendency in the forwards, we have enough quality in the back line to win.

That said, they are an impressive pack.

The thing about SBW is that even if he didnt improve his 40m and 100m times he would still be one of the meanest forwards out their, its just his injuries. Im sure if he can play 24+ games this year, he can easily win forward of the year (but of course would be challanging 'the Sponge' for it:) )

perverse

Referee
i reiterate my comment about how i feel about the year - cautiously optimistic.

if their forwards plough their way over the top of our guys (probably what should happen) then we're in for a long game..
if our forwards can at least match theirs - i think we have them beat in the backs, and will take away the points.