What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how did they determine player attributes?

Goleel

Juniors
I think it could use some improvement, for example, offloading, backs generally don't get the chance to make as many offloads, but that doesn't make them poorer offloaders than forwards who get a chance nearly every hitup. Same goes for breaking tackles, I mean, sure, Minichiello and Schifcofske led broken tackles this year, but most of those were in broken play. Get a strong forward returning kicks and they'll break the first and second tackles a lot as well, but again, a lot of backs have better break ratings than forwards. There'll never be a way to be totally accurate with stats, but we can get a lot closer.

As for Peachey, he's rated 5 isn't he, for starters, and second, its what he deserves. He ain't that flash.

Hindmarsh is one of the most badly rated players in the game, I'll agree, with a lot of wingers coming in second, being rated too highly in speed and break tackle, while not having enough of a downside, i.e. Milford and Rieck are quick, but are defensive liabilities and have poor hands, something not reflected enough in the game. Something like a positioning rating would be great for the next game, defensive and attacking positioning, but don't get me started on stats, I love the things and could go on for years about what they could do with the next version of the game.