What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do people feel....

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Raider_Azz said:
Which leads me to the next question... WHY WEREN'T YOU THERE 69!!!

if there is one thing i have more passion for than canberra
its a hatred for public transport. Track works were on right into the city, it would have taken me 6 hours of travel to get to the game and back, normally i can get to the SFS and back in just under 3 and even then it sh*ts me to tears

good news is by next season ill thge proud owner of my P's and a car plus hopefully a job where i dont work weekends HENCE me = reggie 8)

*add to R_69 dossier .....
1. hates buses, trains and taxis
2. will own a car in 2005
3. works weekends (probably KFC)*

Raider_69

Post Whore
well added
except its woolworths not KFC
KFC knocked me back, fear for loss of product they said :? :lol:

DJ Raida

Bench
Thats really poor IMO, noone was that drunk at all
someone ask this bloke if he was even at the game

what N00B!

thickos

First Grade
I think you mean livers. :lol: The bladders are probably being emptied all the time :mrgreen:

thickos

First Grade
The allegations that we're all drunk, however, were unnecessary.

But drunk or not, you guys got done in the stands..... odds are the 5 cowboys fans who live in Sydney will do the same! :clap:

woodgers

Bench
I don't know, I have read it a few times and it is hard to tell whether he is praising us or giving us some. I lean towards praise however my concern is that it may detract from some fans wanting to sit with ARMY/SGB, much the same as Thickos.

Ultra is right, there were a few around who had finished one too many sherbets however there was no trouble or violence. It was an aggressive atmosphere but that has been the case for all 3 Rooster games this year that I have attended. Their fans will try and dish it out all day long and I for one and not going to sit there and take it from those toffs. A bit of harmless verbal was all. In another thread Rooster fans were praising the efforts of us guys and also saying what a credit that we all shook hands afterwards.

If this guy wanted a story maybe he should write one on 3:45 pm kickoffs to accommodate T.V. That gave fans over an hour extra wait (drinking time) at the Captain Cook Hotel(which was mostly Rooster 'fans'). That was the real issue. If people went to the pub at 1pm then they would have 2 and a half hours to get sloshed whereas normally they would have 1 hour and a walk across the road to their seat. Game didn't finish until after 5:30 pm meaning the fan that started at 1pm, was on the drink for 4 and a half hours.

BAY72

Juniors
I thought there was more praise in that story than not.

I don't believe that everyone was drunk, although I for one was! :mrgreen:
not that any punches were thrown nor was any seats damaged or projectiles thrown on the field. So why the police threatened to throw us out for singing a few songs, in my mind was just crap. It is officers like this that that give the rest of the force a bad name!
comparing them to the Gosford game, we were the same up there, and althought the police kept an eye on us they never said any thing, they just walked by a few times, and nothing was ever blown out of proportion.

RaidersMalt

Juniors
I have no problems with the story. As they say, any Publicity is good publicity, basically what he was saying is that despite our team getting pasted, we remainded strong, defient and kept supporting our team, which is what we are all about!

Latest posts