What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do the Rooster stay under the salary cap??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dblat

Juniors
It is one of the great questions in rugby league. How do the the Roosters stay under the salary cap with the players they have have in their club? (Consider the following players; Wing, Crocker, Minichiello, Cayless, Finch, Fitzgibbon, Hodges, Morley, Hegarty, Cross, Ricketson and Fittler )

Why do they get the players that they want? (Joel Monaghan, Amos Roberts)

It would be interesting to get your ideas.. Is it just a great club to play for????

Johns Magic

Referee
Please, don't start up another thread about the Roosters. If you want to see peoples opinions on the matter, there are about a million threads on this in the NRL section.

dblat

Juniors
I'm sorry I didn't know it was your own personal forum?? Remember: IT IS NOT LAW THAT YOU HAVE TO RESPOND.

Thanks.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
Hahaha settle down dblat.

I think the Roosters players must have very appealling payments from other sources for things such as advertisements, and I don't mean illegal ones. Surely they'd be caught if they were trying to cover things up. They do seem to have an abundance of spare cash, especially considering the high profile players they have, but they must just be lucky.

Johns Magic

Referee
dblat said:
I'm sorry I didn't know it was your own personal forum?? Remember: IT IS NOT LAW THAT YOU HAVE TO RESPOND.

Thanks.

Well seeing it is A KNIGHTS FORUM, why are you posting it in here?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Under or over the cap, most players would take huge paycut to play for them and win the competition!!

I'm not a Roosters supporter but what they do is very very good for their football side.

Note: the rooster have lost key player that were being paid a fair chunk of their salry cap at the end of the year (fittler, hodges, hegarty, cusack, robinson)

Three of those players are origin players, one has played city/country. So remember who they have lost before you start having a go at them!!

dblat

Juniors
"Well seeing it is A KNIGHTS FORUM, why are you posting it in here?"

I'm just saying, if you don't want to contribute something constructive why do you need to make a comment?

Nuffy

Bench
Take fittlers money out of the mix, Canavan was quoted in May as saying they had already spent all of Fittlers money on Upgrades, so they found the money for the 3 new faces out of the blokes that have been cut.

Johns Magic

Referee
dblat said:
"Well seeing it is A KNIGHTS FORUM, why are you posting it in here?"

I'm just saying, if you don't want to contribute something constructive why do you need to make a comment?

Look Dblat, I know you are relatively new to these forums, and that's why I didn't make a big deal out of it. But if you went onto the NRL forum, you would see how many boring, repetitive and tedious threads about this subject are made. The Rooster-bashing is out of control. You can't go into the NRL forum without seeing plenty of threads titled "Roosters are Cheating the Cap", " How have the Roosters not Been Found Out", etc. Also threads based around rumours concocted by people who want to bash the Roosters, such as " Big Willie Mason to be a rooster in 2006". How would anyone actually know that? Who knows what the Roosters players are on? Even half of the decent threads get hi-jacked by the Rooster-bashers.

I am not a Roosters fan, in fact, I hate them, but the threads about the Roosters cheating the cap, are out of control. If you really want to see peoples opinions on the matter, please go to the NRL forum. I didn't abuse or offend you in any way in first reply, I just advised that there is no need to start another thread about these RUMOURS. If I did offend you Dblat, then I apologise.

Matt23

Staff member
* Please be careful with your comments guys, please leave out the rumours, innuendo's and defamatory comments. Cheers

Slugs

Matt23 said:
* Please be careful with your comments guys, please leave out the rumours, innuendo's and defamatory comments. Cheers

I see you have not mentioned hypotheticals !!!! ;-) ;-)

Take this hypothetical example, say a Club has a connection with a person who owns a car dealership that sponsors your club, now if you give a player a car from that dealership it comes under the salary cap, but if you just happen to transfer a car or two to another dealership not connected with the club for a minimum price as they are demonstrators and that dealership decides to give the player a car as a third party sponsor then that deal has no problems and the player is happy as he has $50000 contract and a $70000 car. The dealer is happy as he gets his money "back" by selling the other car and the club sponsor is able to wipe off a lot of the deal as a tax loss, not that the money, that amount is a real worry to him anyway. All legal under the cap and anyway the salary cap auditors have no power to check any dealing between the two parties doing the deal with the cars as that has nothing to do with the salary cap, business people do deals to suit themselves. You only get into trouble if you try to set up your own dodgy companies to cover the money trail.

Fibroman

First Grade
I'm glad the rorters do it. They will finish up screwing the game up for everyone, and then I won't feel so guilty about hating them as much as I do.

SaintTPP

First Grade
26551110.jpg

Fibroman

First Grade
Amos Roberts must have gone to the red white and blue for about a dollar fifty a week more than he was on at Penrith. That's about how much room they would have had under the cap to offer him.

Ps. Did I mention that I hate them at all?

Slugs said:
I see you have not mentioned hypotheticals !!!! ;-) ;-)

Take this hypothetical example, say a Club has a connection with a person who owns a car dealership that sponsors your club, now if you give a player a car from that dealership it comes under the salary cap, but if you just happen to transfer a car or two to another dealership not connected with the club for a minimum price as they are demonstrators and that dealership decides to give the player a car as a third party sponsor then that deal has no problems and the player is happy as he has $50000 contract and a $70000 car. The dealer is happy as he gets his money "back" by selling the other car and the club sponsor is able to wipe off a lot of the deal as a tax loss, not that the money, that amount is a real worry to him anyway. All legal under the cap and anyway the salary cap auditors have no power to check any dealing between the two parties doing the deal with the cars as that has nothing to do with the salary cap, business people do deals to suit themselves. You only get into trouble if you try to set up your own dodgy companies to cover the money trail.

I've heard this analogy being bandied around for awhile now, and it has been gathering more momentum each week.

Time will tell perhaps, but I wouldn't want to be a roosters supporter.................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts