What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you handle a loss

Gidsgal

Juniors
It depends on if its a really big game, like a game we are expected to win, or a semi, ect. If its a semi, or a big game, then I am really bad, I will get the shits, turn the tv straight off as soon as its full time, an example of what i am like with a semi final, is in 2000 when we were beaten by the Goosters, I took my knights jersey and shirt straight off, turned the tv off, went into my room, slammed the door, threw my jersey and shirt anywhere, threw myself onto my bed and started crying for about half an hour, but aftert that, i was pretty much over it, and in other games, i am not too bad, i'll be over it and thinking about the next weeks game an hour after the game is over usually!!

its pretty sad at first
it really depends who were against and if its like the finals or wateva
but its pretty sad at first and then i get over it coz i know we tried and played our best coz we ALWAYS DO!!

Kaz

junior
Come on.

I have a feeling that there are bigger cry babies then what has been posted.

Spill your stories.

Risa

Bench
Hmm I think I was worse when we got thrashed by the Sharks in 2002. I turned the tv off at half time and sat in my room going oh my god oh my god, lol. Ended up finding out the score and being filthy for about 10 minutes.

I'm not that bad really, I mean, there's always next week for most of the season isn't there? You have to lose sometime!

misty

Juniors
Kaz said:
I am over it within an hour of the game being over.

And I start to think of the next weeks game.

I never throw anything at the TV & anyone.

Do you go berserk, throw things & your not over the loss for days.

I want you to be honest. :lol:

Doesn't worry me in the least :evil: :evil: :evil: just because I want to kill don't mean nothin...... I could be havin a bad hair day :twisted: :twisted:

legallyblonde

Juniors
ok ill spill kaz.
I cried when the knights lost by one point to the bulldogs....granted I was very drunk, but thats no excuse for being a big cry baby!
hahaha :-$

Kaz

junior
misty said:
I had the 'freaks' eating out of my hand. :lol:

Thats no way to talk about your team kaz :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

No it was your supporters, the black teeth ones.

No I was much worse to my players. :shock:

When Carl Webb came out of the dressing sheds on crutches, he asked me what I thought of the game. :lol:

In my nice voice I said, I travelled from the Gold Coast to watch my team play like sh!t.

God Carl could move on the crutches to get to the team bus. :lol: :lol:

He was almost running.

mrford61

Juniors
Kaz said:
Come on.

I have a feeling that there are bigger cry babies then what has been posted.

Spill your stories.

Someone mentioned the 2001 game against the tigers when we got run down from a 24 point lead.
Let's just say I had to make some apology's the next day.

After losing to the Roosters in the 2000 final I just said "oh well' better luck next year" and left the club all jovial while I was really gutted and hurting. I went home and could not sleep that night and for the next couple of weeks kept going over the game and the what if's.

One weekend in 2002 I was travelling with a Broncos supporter and they got beaten by the Roosters on the Friday night and I sledged him mercilessly.
On the Sunday while we travelled we listened to the Knights - Sharks game on the radio where we got trounced by 70 or something. :( :(

Talk about humble pie.

For me.It takes about 2 hours before going to sleep
If Im at the game...I watch the replay to see What happened
If we lose...I know im in for A WEEK cause a Bloody Gooster supporter phones me every second day.
2003 off season was a bitch for him :lol: :lol: :lol:

*melliez*

Juniors
If its a game like the Sharks game where they smashed us all over the park, I just walked around sulking for the next week, don't even mention footy, and hope that everyone I know forgets that I'm a Knights supporter (seeing as a fair few of my friends are Sharks supporters)

If it is a close game (Bulldogs by one point), im usually pretty angry then, and yell a bit, but then be quite about everything in relation to footy.

If it is just a loss, nothing too bad, nothing too close, I'll watch the replay (or video) and see where we went wrong and then I go oh ok well that's why we lost and i'm over it.

I actually think that there was one game that I cried cause we lost it, I think it was the final against the Roosters!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if it was!!

all-knight

Juniors
well some would say that i dont handle it ;-)

ummm no i tend to really just get upset and i harp on the loss for quite a while. i cant help it, i really really love my knights. i make sure the room is clean and theres nothing around me because things do find themselves flying evrywhere.

but i do get over it eventually!