What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you rate our Players tonight

slammingsam

Juniors
I think the attack was way too predictable.
It was pretty boring to be honest.
It seems though as long as Soward is there to kick you guys will do well.

Weyman was outstanding tonight.
I think you really miss a natural halfback - It looks like Hornby struggles to stay in the game as a controlling halfback..he loses his way and then you guys as a whole lose your way.

redvscotty

First Grade
And a big f**k off to the critics.

First game of the season, everyone is rusty, and 33 out of 36 completions. Hooker came off injured halfway through the game and hornbag copped a sore midsection in the first half. So for Soward just about in the halves by himself and Young as hooker for 40+ minutes they did pretty f**ken good.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Parra will only get better. We dominated them and Fien showed the importance of a good dummy half. Young couldn't even get a decent pass away for a field goal. f**k me dead!

If we don't get our dummy half sorted out then we're going to struggle scoring all season long

drago brelli

Bench
Fein has a bad ankle injury. The Dragons have a young player named Jack Bosden who is an ex-hooker. He played all his junior footy at Cronulla Caringbah at 9. This guy has the ability to run a footy team. He played touch footy for the Aust u/18. He is 98 kgs and is tough. He was Cronulla's 20s player of the year 2 yrs ago and Ricky Stewart was upset when he left the club. Cronulla were trying to turn him into a frontrower. Waste of talent.

j0nesy

Bench
Overall I thought it was an excellent performance for the first game of the season. We started well and toughed it out through the remainder of the match. The reason our outside backs didn't see much ball is that we are missing 3 centres (Cooper, Tagive and Stanley). We also missed Fien out of dummy half when he went off injured. I was very proud of the boys. Once again Bennett has us playing well as a team. I'm very confident this season.

I thought Hunt, Weyman, Smith and Saffy were all excellent. Fien was looking good until he got injured. Scott was good defensively as was Young, but both lacked a bit in attack. Hornby was ok, Soward a low pass. Morris looked dangerous but didn't get much involvement, and I could say the same for Boyd and Creagh. I didn't like Prior's defence at all in the centres with Nightingale and Soward, we looked very susceptible on that side.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Fein has a bad ankle injury. The Dragons have a young player named Jack Bosden who is an ex-hooker. He played all his junior footy at Cronulla Caringbah at 9. This guy has the ability to run a footy team. He played touch footy for the Aust u/18. He is 98 kgs and is tough. He was Cronulla's 20s player of the year 2 yrs ago and Ricky Stewart was upset when he left the club. Cronulla were trying to turn him into a frontrower. Waste of talent.

I can see Craig Young's influence in getting his son on the team and he will be playing Hooker, honestly Young isn't bad but there are a few players on the team that are better and should be in front of him

Red Bear

Referee
Good seeing Young at lock again, pity for you guys Fein got injured.

Very very solid performance, but you probably should have scored a few more tries with the possesion and field position you had (although i thought Parra defended pretty well).

Rex Terp

First Grade
Some people are ungrateful or on drugs...

That was an outstanding performance, in adversity, against one of the best teams in the comp. Top stuff.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The tackle on Grothe in the 56th minute was one of the best defensive plays of the match. Great kick from Soward, Hayne was isolated (again), found Grothe and there were four of our lads to show him the sideline.

In the next set Parra conceded another penalty to give us another shot at goal - they didn't always back their defence on the line.

Very happy with the result. First up wins have been hard to come by in recent years.

patzz_

Juniors
Thought Merrin looked good also. Add coops and stanley off the bench thats some spark back to the side! looking good boys

GeyerIsADouche

Juniors
Fien broken ankle. Poor bloke went from the joy of having his fourth child in the morning to copping that sort of injury. Will be a big loss, he was looking very sharp. Young can not be moved to hooker, he is a LOCK. bite the bullet and throw King in the deep end, the kid has the goods... If he finds the going to tough than use plan B (young to hooker) but you need speed and crisp service from your dummy half.

smacky

Juniors
My thoughts on a few players

Dean Young - I thought look really good at the beginning of the game as a ball playing lock. But as soon as he went to hooker his passing was off. Shouldnt be played at hooker

Dan Hunt and Mick Weyman - Both played awesome. Huge runs up the middle and plenty of toughness. Weyman was carrying 3 players for an extra 5-7 metres each run. I dont think Poore will be missed

Jamie Soward - Abit quiet and couldnt really get our attack in order but its only round one and it will get alot better later on. Good kicking game as usual.

Darius Boyd - Couldnt really get as involved as im sure he would have liked to. We didnt have the depth in the second man plays and he didnt have the space to create that much.

Jarrod Saffy - Thought added some great impact off the bench. Always run like a steam train and put plenty of big hits on. Will have a good rotation off the bench this year.

Overall all I thought our performance in the forwards was great. Lots of go forward. Hardly any errors I think 2 the entire game and solid defence as usual. Our attack was off and our plays didnt amount to much but give it a couple of weeks and it'll be right.

Sloth

Juniors
Prior in the centers does not work, 2 tries gone begging in the first 10 minutes. Even Emmett would of got 1 of those tries if he was given the chance of playing.

I cant remember the last time we won the first match of the season, so that is a better start then most years. If Costigan was fit to play would he make a good hooking option? He does throw a very nice pass, can defend in the middle.

woodley_11

Juniors
We will miss Fien, hopefully we don't throw Priddis in. If we stick with Young at least we know we will be solid defensively and could at least get us into the top 8 for Fien to come back for finals, but if we are truly looking to up the ante in attack then I say back the kid from Toyota Cup who seems to have a good reputation.

Great game though defense was great and completion rate was amazing. Good to show Poore what a great decision he made in switching teams. Still you could make the argument that more ball could have been given to blokes like Morris, but if you tackle, complete your sets and kick that well, any flaws in offence are not likely to be such a set back.

watatank

Coach
And a big f**k off to the critics.

First game of the season, everyone is rusty, and 33 out of 36 completions. Hooker came off injured halfway through the game and hornbag copped a sore midsection in the first half. So for Soward just about in the halves by himself and Young as hooker for 40+ minutes they did pretty f**ken good.

I'm glad someone mentioned the completions. This was exceptional ball control for Round 1.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I'm sure Bennett will be quietly pleased, he may not say it as such, but it was a tidy effort from the boys.

I'm well chuffed. Hunt and Wey lead the charge from the opening whistle to set a nice platform. Then to have Merrin come on and go about his business was good to see. Saffy came on like he was seriously itching to be out there and p*ssed that he wasn't used earlier.

It was no nonsence, clinical footy. My only concern is if we get behind - say 2 early tries, and then we have to chase the game. It will be interesting to see how we go about it when we have to cross that bridge.

Foi x 2 Moi x 2 had as much impact as a dry fart on a windy day.

Big Norm

dubopov

Coach
I'm glad someone mentioned the completions. This was exceptional ball control for Round 1.

set completions are a load of sh*t if you don't do anything .. five one-out rucks and deliberately kicking the ball dead is apparently a set completion .. you obviously shouldn't make errors if you don't try something risky in order to score ..

Latest posts