What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How far will Australia go?

Macca

Coach
I don't see us beating Brazil. We can realistically beat the other 2 though. Depends who we play in the second round as to what chance we have from there and we won't know that for a while. It is likely to be one of the best sides though.

petszk

Juniors
Australia to lose 0-1 to Brazil, and draw 0-0 with both Japan & Croatia.
Brazil to beat both Japan & Croatia 2-0.
Japan & Croatia to draw with each other 0-0.

That way, we will finish 2nd in the group and go thru to the knockout round, despite having no wins and no goals scored :p

petszk

Juniors
Okay, now that I've got that bit of sillyness out of my system;

1. I'd like to think we should beat Japan narrowly, say 2-1.
2. Against Brazil I would be tipping a loss, but you never know, they lost to Norway in the group stages of '98, we've beaten Brazil in the confeds cup, etc, etc. But I'll tip Brazil to win, 2-0
3. So it will probably come down to the last match against Croatia. I desparately want Australia to win this (as with all matches), but if I tip with my head and not my heart, I'll say Croatia to win, 2-1 and Australia to not make the 2nd round. :(

NK Arsenal

Juniors
petszk said:
Okay, now that I've got that bit of sillyness out of my system;

1. I'd like to think we should beat Japan narrowly, say 2-1.
2. Against Brazil I would be tipping a loss, but you never know, they lost to Norway in the group stages of '98, we've beaten Brazil in the confeds cup, etc, etc. But I'll tip Brazil to win, 2-0
3. So it will probably come down to the last match against Croatia. I desparately want Australia to win this (as with all matches), but if I tip with my head and not my heart, I'll say Croatia to win, 2-1 and Australia to not make the 2nd round. :(
1. Agree
2. Agree
3. No way they will lose against them!:D
Now ill make a 4th match:
4. Versing USA (top group E) and score will be 1-all after 90mins, takin the game 2 extra time. Still no result after 120mins so game goes to penalties and Aloisi is again the hero and Australia go through witha 4-2 win in penalty shoutout.
Game 5:
Game 5 will draw Australia against Argentina. They will lost 2-0 and there goes the world cup dream for anotha 4 years :( .

Latest posts