What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How good were the broncs?

dragonfire

Bench
Twizzle said:
interrsting thing is, how can sticky get more out of them than Benny can ?

is Benny losing his ability to motivate them ?

i dont think it was that, i think it was more the fact that it they didnt put in solid games it would show they didnt deserve selection as their form hasnt been worthy in all honesty, they were picked on reputation and of course they are going to lift for this type of thing. Thought Andrew Johns did ok once he relaxed into it a bit more, at the start he seemed to be trying to hard and i thought he didnt do that well but by the end he was going fine. Anyone else see the invisible Australian player Brian McClennan on the field ?? lol

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
kia ora storm said:
Vatuvei owned Tate big time...

Yeah except the bits when tate ran around him and ...ummm.....scored a try straight past him.

It's games like this that just make the broncos stronger, and makes QLD stronger, and exposes all the weakness in the NSW camp.

You may call it the QLD inferiority complex, but it's what keeps my state strong, as NSW and especially sydney grow progressively weaker. The balance of RL is shifting to South East QLD.

emil1989

Juniors
yehh i saw the invisible brian mclennan on the field...haha he was interchanged for brent kite in the 60th minute..loll how the heck do u get stuff like dat mixd up...

sorry nsw fans but qld will win this yr 3-0
look at the key positions in the team and tell me there not all queenslanders loll

nsw only have king,minichiello,mason and hindmarsh that can change the game...rubbish halves..rubbish hooker..GO THE MAROONS AND THE BRONCOS!!

Chips Rafferty

Juniors
kooriguy said:
they were all sh*t except for hodges, lockyer and hunt.. civ needs to retire and tate the same, berrigan did f all, although that eastwood kid looks like a player of the future.

If saying Civo should retire that truly makes you look like an idiot:roll:

Yosh

Coach
emil1989 said:
yehh i saw the invisible brian mclennan on the field...haha he was interchanged for brent kite in the 60th minute..loll how the heck do u get stuff like dat mixd up...

look at the key positions in the team and tell me there not all queenslanders loll

nsw only have king,minichiello,mason and hindmarsh that can change the game...rubbish halves..rubbish hooker..GO THE MAROONS AND THE BRONCOS!!

If you think Danny Buderus is a rubbish hooker then you have no idea about the game of rugby league. Yeah but we have rubbish halves....

Inferno

Coach
emil1989 said:

I noticed that as well actually. Not sure how they made that mistake.

emil1989

Juniors
yeh sorry mate forgot it was bedsy..hows he been playin??good..bad..average??havnt seen any knights games

emil1989

Juniors
yeh sorry mate forgot it was bedsy..hows he been playin??good..bad..average??havnt seen any knights games

Hallatia

Referee
emil1989 said:

I thought the McClennan thing was funny

and that origin result is what I am praying for

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
emil1989 said:

Yeah setting the world on fire. Easily the best on ground everymatch this year. Now he's lost johns, all his true abilities are coming through:lol: :lol:

McCrud

Juniors
I thought the Andrew Johns - Brent Tate "What's his name again?" was very unprofessional and downright offensive.

Andrew, if you don't know the blokes name - don't open your mouth.

emil1989

Juniors
TheBourbonBeast said:
Yeah setting the world on fire. Easily the best on ground everymatch this year. Now he's lost johns, all his true abilities are coming through:lol: :lol:

lolll thanx for the sarcasm loll
every1s turning into brian mclennan haha
hodges wont b playing against the knights cos apparently his knee is always on ice and rested for 3 days after a game
hope he plays...do u guys think karmichael was the best on ground last night??
i thought the whole backline was on fire exept for lyon(he still did a good job)
i cnt c lyon as a 5/8...

emil1989

Juniors
Le KooK said:
I thought the Andrew Johns - Brent Tate "What's his name again?" was very unprofessional and downright offensive.

Andrew, if you don't know the blokes name - don't open your mouth.

i missed that...what did he say and when'd he say it???

mongoose

Coach
emil1989 said:

forget buderus, robbie farrah should be the NSW hooker, he is easily as good as cam smith.

KeepingTheFaith said:
On paper Australia should win 80+ percent of their matches. Of course ANYBODY is going to look pretty good playing off the back of that. So the question is, how exactly does a player lose his spot other than through injury, and if this continues are we going to see players with consistently ordinary club form stack up an impressive number of tests that would make them look almost comparable with past greats when they aren't fit to lace their boots?

Well said:clap: :clap:

Dutchy

Immortal
I hated how the Broncs did so good.

They will take alot of confidence and heart out of the test..

watch the Broncos go on a massive winning streak now

Big Pete

Referee
Haha don't jinx us sottyj!

Here's what I thought:

Hunt: One of the best on field, was one our best attacking weapons with his brilliant support play and made two important try saving tackles.

Tate: Easily played his best game in sometime. Tate looked impressive in attack, coming in off his wing and taking pressure off the forwards and getting the Aus. team a lot of momentum. Could be the kick in the pants he really needed to kick-start his season.

Hodges: Hodges was Hodges, dazzling in attack with a lot of good runs and breaks. You can't fault him.

Lockyer: Played second fiddle to Thurston for most of the night but he once again put in another classy performance.

Civoniceiva: Arguably our worst represenative which is quite surprising as he's been one of the best players for the Broncos club. Very average in attack (everytime I tend to say this though his stats seem to be rather impressive).

Berrigan: Didn't have a big impact on the game but did some of the little things well. Made some good scoots from dummy half and made some nice halfbreaks, also defused a threatening Kiwi attacking set piece.

Eastwood: Promosing on debut, made some good runs and was impressive in defense. Also nearly set up two tries but Marshall and the Websters handling let him down.

Overall, pretty good showing from the Broncos.

Latest posts