What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is Tariq going?

attamarrap

Juniors
Anyone have any info on how he is coming back from his leg injury? Will he start this year and also can anyone give me info on Ricky thorby will he see much action what kind of player is he?
Thanks in advance

natheel

Coach
Anyone have any info on how he is coming back from his leg injury? Will he start this year and also can anyone give me info on Ricky thorby will he see much action what kind of player is he?
Thanks in advance

Playing the trial this weekend pretty sure

beave

Coach
Tariqs been going well from all reports, Ricky Thorby is starting prop this weekend in the trial at Mt Isa against Brisbane. Thorby is a handy front rower, he is a bit like Rauhihi but not quite as big.

attamarrap

Juniors
Tariqs been going well from all reports, Ricky Thorby is starting prop this weekend in the trial at Mt Isa against Brisbane. Thorby is a handy front rower, he is a bit like Rauhihi but not quite as big.

Thanks beave

Didgi

Yep, named to return this weekend in the trial.

Thorby isn't the biggest unit but he can hold his own up front, there's a bit of competition but he could become a decent part of the rotation.

BDR

First Grade
I have them both in my first 17, although lots of people have Thorby left off. So I guess we'll see. Lots of competition in the forward pack this year.

attamarrap

Juniors
I have them both in my first 17, although lots of people have Thorby left off. So I guess we'll see. Lots of competition in the forward pack this year.

Who are some of the people he is competing with?

Talanexor

Juniors
The only certainties in our forward pack are Scott, Tamou and Cooper. You can probably add Johnson and Tariq to that list as well.

As for the other spots, it's a race between Ashton Sims, Hall, Taumalolo, Thorby, Bolton, Reithmuller.

Hooker is pretty unsettled too. I expect Mitchell to be there of course, but whether that's starting or off the bench I'm not yet sure. The other will most likely be Moore, Kostjasyn or Thompson - although Leary and Elisala are around too.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
Our main forwards are Scott, jt2, jt3, coops, hall, bolton, aston, dj, rethmuller, tariq, thoby
I also see these players pushing for a spot this and next year Hoare, grevsmuhl, leary, kaufusi, lowe
On top of that I hope the young Rauhihi is half as good as his dad

EvolutionUber

Juniors
The only certainties in our forward pack are Scott, Tamou and Cooper. You can probably add Johnson and Tariq to that list as well.

As for the other spots, it's a race between Ashton Sims, Hall, Taumalolo, Thorby, Bolton, Reithmuller.

Hooker is pretty unsettled too. I expect Mitchell to be there of course, but whether that's starting or off the bench I'm not yet sure. The other will most likely be Moore, Kostjasyn or Thompson - although Leary and Elisala are around too.

I think Ashton is a is up there he hasn't put a foot wrong.

W.Smith

Juniors
from news.com

COMEBACK Cowboys Tariq Sims and Robert Lui showed encouraging glimpses of their ability in their NRL trial win against the Brisbane Broncos in Mount Isa.

But more importantly, they displayed confidence as North Queensland came from behind for a 28-24 win.

Backrower Sims has spent almost 10 months on the sidelines with a serious leg injury and playmaker Lui was back after serving a lengthy suspension.

"Robert Lui had some nice touches and Tariq was committed," Cowboys coach Neil Henry said. "They'll be pleased to get that out of the way."
Both clubs were missing chunks of key players due to injuries and NRL All Stars commitments.

Henry threw the door open for about a dozen fringe first graders.
Brisbane had even fewer recognised names. Only halfback Ben Hunt and prop Scott Anderson were regulars in the NRL side last season.

For the Cowboys it was an audition for the No.7 jumper beside their skipper Johnathan Thurston.

Michael Morgan was heavily involved and seems to have a headstart on Lui but the former Tigers halfback could earn more minutes next week in a trial against St George Illawarra in Cairns.

Forward Scott Bolton and hooker Scott Moore also impressed Henry.