What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How is this NOT a forward pass?

Thank you for providing me a nice clear video of one of my favourite Rugby League moments ever.

Welcome, feel free to subscribe to me channel. Awesom finish, that pass was not the reason I uploaded it, I just made a note of it cos people were oblivious to the fact. A few more videos up there, check them out.

Wow I'm speechless. Didn't expect this mass denial about a simple forward pass. What's the big deal? I just pointed it out as a curiosity, but the lack of attention to detail on here is mind boggling.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Wow I'm speechless. Didn't expect this mass denial about a simple forward pass. What's the big deal? I just pointed it out as a curiosity, but the lack of attention to detail on here is mind boggling.

It's because it only matters the direction the ball is travelling when it leaves your hands, not where it ends up.

For example, if you're running down a field and throw a ball flat, it'll still travel forward, in relation to where it left your hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgMlDy2jP9s

The pass in your video travelled forward. The questions whether it was thrown forwards? I think you'd be pretty biased to say it did. Looked flat at worst to me. Passes like that happen 50 times a game.

It's because it only matters the direction the ball is travelling when it leaves your hands, not where it ends up.

For example, if you're running down a field and throw a ball flat, it'll still travel forward, in relation to where it left your hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgMlDy2jP9s

The pass in your video travelled forward. The questions whether it was thrown forwards? I think you'd be pretty biased to say it did. Looked flat at worst to me. Passes like that happen 50 times a game.

I am perfectly aware of how momentum works when you throw a flat pass while running forward at speed. But Pearce was moving almost sideways, and it was a relatively short ball anyway. It came out of the hand forward.

I have no problem with it not called, because many forward passes are let go, but wanted to note it as a curiosity.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
I am perfectly aware of how momentum works when you throw a flat pass while running forward at speed. But Pearce was moving almost sideways, and it was a relatively short ball anyway. It came out of the hand forward.

I have no problem with it not called, because many forward passes are let go, but wanted to note it as a curiosity.

Even if it was marginal(i don't think it was). You could find tons of balls like that in the same game, for and against the roosters.

I can understand Tigers fans being unhappy with the Tackle and Scrum situation. But that really was nothing.

I was rooting for the Tigers too, the Warriors are out on the back of that game. :crazy:

Latest posts