What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How long before we are a Premiership team

Illusion

Bench
Like your thoughts, how long will it take , what needs to happen ..... I personally think Hook is ok .... We need a Genuine 7 ,6 ,9 , 1 and for me Hunt isn't the 7 we need ..... Thats for starters ......

Walpole

Juniors
Like your thoughts, how long will it take , what needs to happen ..... I personally think Hook is ok .... We need a Genuine 7 ,6 ,9 , 1 and for me Hunt isn't the 7 we need ..... Thats for starters ......
Well, going on the fact the 1979 team had Steve Morris and Craig Young and the 2010 team had Brett Morris and Dean Young, I guess we can hope Brett and Deano have sons in the 2041 team...

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Optimistically I would say 4 years until we are in the hunt. We could jag one say next year but it would require a lot of luck like a few players having breakout years and a few of the top teams having some badly timed injuries. But I think when Lomax, Sullivan and co are mid 20s if they have some quality around them we will possibly be in the hunt. But then Suallii and Walker will also be early to mid 20s, Cleary will be a seasoned veteran etc so it isn't easy.

Illusion

Bench
Optimistically I would say 4 years until we are in the hunt. We could jag one say next year but it would require a lot of luck like a few players having breakout years and a few of the top teams having some badly timed injuries. But I think when Lomax, Sullivan and co are mid 20s if they have some quality around them we will possibly be in the hunt. But then Suallii and Walker will also be early to mid 20s, Cleary will be a seasoned veteran etc so it isn't easy.
Same coach , or do we bring Mary back :)

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Same coach , or do we bring Mary back :)
It really depends on results. If Griffin can get us in the 8 this season it is an outstanding result imo and deserving of another year to two extension. I do believe he is the man to turn us into a competitive side, make some tough decisions and build our junior base. Grand final winning coach remains to be seen but some of the moves he made although probably Anzac Day wasn't the time to make them were a good sign for me. I do think its only a matter of time before Bird was in the halves and says to me that the Norman love is coming to an end. I can see why he picked JP as the Rorters wingers make a heap of metres and he wanted to match that. Clune was heavily targeted vs the Warriors etc. It didn't work but I don't have the Hook Hook signs out just yet. It does look to me like he has a vision for how he wants to play and I am willing to be patient.

mickeylane

Bench
I dont think we win a premiership over the next 5 years but i do expect semi-finals every year starting from this year w Hook in charge...the guy is a very shrewd coach and in some ways ruthless...

Bloodbath

Juniors
5 to 7 years.so much damage done from the last 2 so called coaches.will take a while before any good players want to play for us .our juniors hopefully can fill the void .

Gareth67

First Grade
Hasn’t our Uncle Bruce got a car dealership hidden away somewhere , we could lure top class players with the promise of a brand new car or two , all of which would not be included in that silly salary cap of course .

Or we could do a Manly and offer a modern apartment with views of those picturesque beaches down in the ‘ gong area .

But the Dragons will not become true premiership contenders until they spend their money judiciously and only on the right players of true quality . Unfortunately until that time , I fear that the pickings will be very slim indeed in regards to holding the silver trophy aloft at season’s end .

Off course a new board would certainly help matters enormously , one that has true visions of a successful future for the St.George Illawarra team , not one who’s thinking and strategy is staid and full off cobwebs as it has been for an eternity .

Then a premiership will belong to the Dragons , as it would had been planned meticulously by both coaching staff and with clear thinking board members .

Last edited:

Latest posts