What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Casey McGuire?

Paullyboy

Coach
Casey McGuire was lucky yesterday that he hit Kimmorley and not Lockyer, if he'd hit Lockyer we would have seen another dive and I think he would have been sent off.

It was a late, cocked elbow to the jaw. Extremely lucky to remain on the field, Im picking 3-4 weeks minimum for him.

Mr Saab

Referee
Enough with the diving Paullyboy..we all know you are a bitter raiders fan living in Bronco territory..

Anyway...

McGuire 3 weeks
Bowman at least 5 weeks
Utai 5 weeks

Dare I compare McGuires hit to Barretts????

Anyway I'd call 4-5 weeks sufficient. An forearm to the head is one of the most dangerous things than can happen on a footy field, only behind spear tackles and gouging in my book.

And even though its been said that injury has not got anything to do with it, rather the intent, this is what will save Casey. If the action was the same, but the player was injured as is the case with Utai's hit, he'd be up for a helluva lot more. Kimmorley is a tough customer.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
mcguire didnt actually get kimmorly with the point of the elbow unlike barrett and newton. def deserves a suspension but the instances are different

TehRenegade

Juniors
2-3 weeks for Casey, broncos supporter here.

Didn't look good on the replays but as others mentioned, point of elbow didn't connect and Casey has a fairly good record at the Judiciary so he should get off with 2-3 weeks on an early guilty plea.

That being said, it is the judiciary and they don't like Brisbane.:cool:

Ghoulies

Bench
douglasallen91 said:
p.s. david howell is the biggest diver this year.
That was a shocker. Though it would seem he's only following in the footsteps of Withers and so many other diving Raiders of years gone by.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It was a forearm, not an elbow, but he led with the forearm and copped Noddy high and flush. If this wwas Morley, Wiki or Moi Moi they'd be looking at a long stretch on the sideline, as it he'll probably ggget away with 3 or 4 weeks.

Iafeta

Referee
SpaceMonkey said:
It was a forearm, not an elbow, but he led with the forearm and copped Noddy high and flush. If this wwas Morley, Wiki or Moi Moi they'd be looking at a long stretch on the sideline, as it he'll probably ggget away with 3 or 4 weeks.

I reckon Rubes would fight it and win on a technicality.

salivor

First Grade
Paullyboy said:
Casey McGuire was lucky yesterday that he hit Kimmorley and not Lockyer, if he'd hit Lockyer we would have seen another dive and I think he would have been sent off.

It was a late, cocked elbow to the jaw. Extremely lucky to remain on the field, Im picking 3-4 weeks minimum for him.

Let's see, Lockyer and Kimmorely both get hit by players leading dangerously with the forearm/elbow, both go down and stay down and both draw a penalty by the intervention of the touch judge, the offending player in both circs isn't sent off but put on report, both are high profile players. Where's the difference? None so why the irrelevant dig? Oh that's right your incapable of putting an intelligent thought together when it comes to the Broncos.

Paullyboy's credibility = 0 and falling by the second.

BWNB

First Grade
shocking tackle , it was late and he had his arm raised to his face 4 week min

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Breadman said:
There was talk of McGuire stomping Kimmorley in the paper I guess nothing came of it????

wasnt mcguire, I think it was joel moon and he was looking at a 1 week ban, it wasnt graded as stomping either but contrary conduct

Inferno

Coach
Casey should have faced at least 3 - 4. Was late, high and led with the forearm. Just goes to show once again the judiciary is a joke.

Paullyboy

Coach
There really are some gooses on this forum, you seem upset by the fact that I say that Lockyer took a dive and are trying to say that Im the fool for not thinking Kimmorley did the same thing?

Kimmorley DID NOT stay down. He was straight back to his feet immediately (which surprised me to be honest). The shot that hit Kimmorley appeared a lot more vicious than the Lockyer hit as well.

So before you talk about credibility, stop and think, am I the right person to be questioning someone else's credibility?

Mr Saab

Referee
Perhaps it didnt connect hard enough with Kimmorley. What it "appeared" and what force he was hit with are two different things.
Try being struck on the throat and see what that feels like.
You are a dickhead with an agenda against the broncos because you live in the heart of Bronco territory and you are subjected to "Broncoisms" every day.

Paullyboy

Coach
I dont like personal attacks, but I just cant help myself on this occassion, you do realise what you accused me of is the exact thing everyone hates about you!

You are a bronco fan that no matter how wrong you are will argue till your blue in the face because of your agenda.

You're just a crazy mix of stones, glass houses and black kettles.

Oh and let me guess, the Broncos have been hard done-by by the judiciary 'yet again'? Its funny how you lot all go quiet when you get these ridiculously light sentences but when someone gets what they deserve its 'anti-broncos NRL'.

Mr Saab

Referee
For what it is worth, Casey should have gotten 3 weeks for that he did...at least. No different to Barrett on Carney. Is that bias? I dont think so.
All this hate is not good for you...i think you need to move down to Canberra so some "love" can infiltrate your blood.

Paullyboy

Coach
To be honest I would have bet my first born on you saying he only deserved 1 week, I didn't realise you could see things clearly after all.

My position on you has changed somewhat.

(Hating is fun, otherwise forums are full of Covell fans)