What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Latrell Mitchell?

Mug Costanza

Juniors
I know everyone on here hates Latrell just because it is on trend to do so but you lot can’t be serious?
The incident with Nofa - ok I could cop a 1 week but at the same time he has turned his body
The Garner incident is an absolute non event - what entitles Garner to hold on when the play is near Mitchell and he is trying to get to DH?? He kicks to get out, not to injure Garner.

I know everyone on here hates Latrell just because it is on trend to do so but you lot can’t be serious?
The incident with Nofa - ok I could cop a 1 week but at the same time he has turned his body
The Garner incident is an absolute non event - what entitles Garner to hold on when the play is near Mitchell and he is trying to get to Fake?? He kicks to get out, not to injure Garner.

He’s an emotional player that brings out emotional reactions in fans.

stryker

First Grade
The Garner incident is an absolute non event - what entitles Garner to hold on when the play is near Mitchell and he is trying to get to Fake?? He kicks to get out, not to injure Garner.
Bullshit to both of those. He knew what he was doing. The fact he wasn’t looking shows how good he has got at it.

Vic Mackey

Referee

The Nofa one should have been a send off. Well after he kicked, flush in the head. He was looking directly at him when he threw the arm

TheDMC

Bench
I'm not a Mitchell fan boy and I don't like Souths, but I don't think there was anything in it. Seemed to me he kicked out simply to get garner to let go of his leg. His only other options were to try walking with a large human as an extra leg appendage or karate chop the merkin's arm so he would let go.

BranVan3000

Coach
I assume you’re being ironic since that exact scenario got 2 weeks against your mob earlier this month
Who are you referring to?

If you mean Hetherington, he wasn’t charged for the missed shoulder charge. But don’t let facts get in the way of a good story

Last edited:

simmo1

First Grade
The boot to Garner was dangerous and reckless play. To say he missed or only glanced is missing the point. He wasn't trying to miss, he was trying to kick his head.

On report for the Nofa shot seems fair enough. If tigers didn't score that play he probably would have been binned.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
What’s the expectation here?
Garner continues to hold his leg, while south’s are rolling up the field, Latrell is closest to the tackle and needs to be dummy half and he simply stands there waiting for Garner to release his leg? Or he politely asks “ hey Garns, can I have my leg back so we can put more points on you guys”
Garner was trying to slow the play down like any player in any team would do, Latrell kicked his leg out of being held, like any player would do. There was no contact with Garners head with the boot of Latrell, more his leg grazes it. To be fair that’s lucky for both concerned.
Give Latrell a week, let him freshen up a bit.