What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Thaiday?

El Diablo

Post Whore
proxy.jpg

mattyg

Bench
Deserves 4 at minimum. I've seen less get suspended for longer. Based on it being origin and a media fave I won't be surprised to see him get 1-2 weeks

chigurh

Wasn't too bad, and it was only Gallen lol

But it doesn't hurt Brisbane or QLD too much given his form of late..

tomdl

Bench
Who was it that dropped boyd on his head a few series ago? Did he get anything? Thaiday should get the same.

tomdl

Bench
Nate Myles got 8 weeks for an identical tackle on Ben Cross in origin

What did the NSW player get for the same tackle on Boyd a few series ago. I actually don't remember who it was so feel free to help me. I just remember it was a dreadful tackle that went relatively unpunished.

Big Pete

Referee
Nate Myles got 8 weeks for an identical tackle on Ben Cross in origin

Six.

Myles had priors. In 2007 he was charged for a Grade 1 Dangerous Throw (Game I 2007) and Grade 3 Striking (Round 5 2007).

The rules were different in 2008. Nowadays, that Grade 1 Dangerous Throw charge would have expired, but in 08, the only Grade 1 charge that expired after 12 months was a Careless High Tackle. As such Myles was liable to 50% loading on top of a further 20% for a non-similar offence.

Thaiday doesn't have any priors on his record. His last incident was a Grade 1 Dangerous Contact: Head (aka Crusher) during the 2015 Test match. That took place in May 3rd, so we're past that.