What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much should a club pay for a good Prop?

bfoord

Juniors
I think 300-350 absolute max.

you can have the best pack in the world, but you need to make sure you have some quality and creativity in the backline or you wont score points.

conversely, if you don't have the forwards to put your backs in a position to score points, then you will struggle as well.

it is a balancing act for sure

lockyno1

Post Whore
Depends who you are talking.

Mid range prop- 250K max (Kade Snoden, Dave Taylor)

Top range- 300K (Matt Scott, Luke Douglas, Fui Fui Moimoi)

Elite- 350-380K (Civonoceva, Price, Weyman, Poore, Hannant)

Dazzat

First Grade
If reports are true, and Hannant is asking $450,000, one wonders if there's more to the story? For example, is he also offering to mow the club's lawns, repair the plumbing and cook in the restaurant? Does he dabble in graphic design and will manage the club's website?

Otherwise, in the words of a great Australian movie, "Tell him he's dreaming!".

bfoord

Juniors
If reports are true, and Hannant is asking $450,000, one wonders if there's more to the story? For example, is he also offering to mow the club's lawns, repair the plumbing and cook in the restaurant? Does he dabble in graphic design and will manage the club's website?

I believe that both the Broncos and Titans have told him his dreaming :)

beads6

First Grade
I don't think Hanant is worth anymore than 300k if he wants to play in Brisbane or Gold Coast. If he moves interstate he could get a bit more IMO. Hannant is just a greed clown IMO. He is still pretty young he has plenty of good years left in him why the rush to get money his church will look after him...

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Depends who you are talking.

Mid range prop- 250K max (Kade Snoden, Dave Taylor)

Top range- 300K (Matt Scott, Luke Douglas, Fui Fui Moimoi)

Elite- 350-380K (Civonoceva, Price, Weyman, Poore, Hannant)

Your kidding right?

Taylor is not a prop FFS. Get it into your think head.

Weyman and Poore will never be an elite prop.

The rest are fairly good examples.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Snowden of the Sharks is a very exciting prospect and definately a prop Brisbane should be having a look at, young, hungry and his work oozes quality. Believe he'd come at a reasonable price too.

screeder

Juniors
Bejesus, Souths are paying massive overs if those figures are accurate. Always thought the Taylor money was a stretch. As for those Shark props i rate em, they'd be worth it.

Jack

Juniors

Yeah good one. he'd probably have to clean brunos house and wash his car and hell knows what else!

ponies 4ever

Juniors
I think Bruno Cullen and Peter Nolan should offer to wash Hannants' car on alternating weeks after watching his superhuman efforts tonight to get him back upto Brisvegas. Bulldogs should maybe grant him more XXXX to make Belmore feel more like the Sunshine State, they'll regret losing him if it's the case.

Jack

Juniors
Yeah i agree, he's worth 400+, offer him 350 for 4 to 5 years!! If he wants to come home, would nt be a bad offer.