What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much should a club pay for a good Prop?

bron_cos

Juniors
i would only offer hannant 300k for 3yrs and then look at it then but if he wants to come home(family reason) maybe he shouldnt be so greedy and he would be able to but i dont think anyone in the nrl would pay 450k for him. I dont think the rabits would be pay roy 450k a year maybe when he first went there but not now coz when you look at there team they have rep players from 8-13 when fit and then some on the bench so i ask you how would they fit them under there cap

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Surely there has to be a way to get a HANNANT DEAL DONE ! We sign Hannant and Tronc on top of what we have and we're top 4 when the backs return with an even shot of a GF barring more injury wheteher its '10 or '11 depeneding on the Doggies leash. Pls Bruno make it happen, the guy is in his prime ffs.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Surely with the amount of cattle we've shed we would have enough to cover this, then we could rely on youth a touch more under the tutelage of a "real leader" in the pack. We have some off-contract forwards who really could make way for Ben imo. We have stacks of backrowers and a front row of Hannant and Tronc would be a vast improvement and lay a very solid platform indeed. With the Titans salarycap drama "strike while the iron is hot" Cullen Hannant surely must be a touch nervous about returning north and you might be able to use some food vouchers u scab.

screeder

Juniors
Just a guess but perhaps the more quality players they got on the books the less money they had to offer to latter signings to entice them over. They probably had to offer roy massive money back then because of their sh*thouse roster. They have done well to fit everyone under the cap since then especially when they can give Taylor 250k as well.

As for Hannant its another one of Bruno's cunning plans, 'lets NOT sign him'

cornerposter

Juniors
Just a guess but perhaps the more quality players they got on the books the less money they had to offer to latter signings to entice them over...

It's a good point you make. I love having Izzy in the team, but paying over the odds for a leading Front Rower makes more sense than for a leading Centre.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Imagine this....
1. C.Norman
2. A.Winterstein
3. I.Falou
4. J.Hodges
5. J.YowYeh
6. D.Lockyer
7. P.Wallace
13. M.Gillett
12. S.Thaiday
11. C.Parker
10. S.Tronc
9. A.McCollough
8. B.Hannant

14. A.Glenn
15. N.Kenny
16. S.Anderson
17. D.Hala / D.Lui / J.McGuire....take your pick

A very strong team indeed I believe would love to see it happen.

screeder

Juniors
Yeah ponies that team could do something. Other clubs wouldn't enjoy coming up to Lang Park and facing that outfit.

Latest posts