What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How should I feel?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I realise I may have come to the wrong place given the larrikinism thats currently happening over the FFB (myself included) - but I'm looking for some serious advice.

My ex, who left me about 7 months ago, is back in town. She broke up with me on the day I got my current job - and within a couple of weeks was with one of my closest friends' mates. She's now back in town, and I've discovered the relationship, which apparently wasn't ever that strong, is finally over...

The problem is in two parts - firstly, I can't help but feel smug. She kissed him before we broke up (cheating in my book) - so naturally I feel she deserves to have karma bite her fair in the ass, no matter how fine it was. However, part of me feels sorry for her...

...which leads to my other dilemma. Chances are she'll come out with us tomorrow night in an effort to drown her sorrows. I'm worried that she'll want me back... and so will I :(

What should I do, and how should I feel?

[furrycat]

Coach
Move on...

Be f**king strong and don't give in...

Think about it . She's done it once and you came back, she'll do it again because she knows you'll be there if she needs you to be. I know how you feel but don't gie in and be strong. Its going to work out best in the long run.

[furrycat]

Coach
More advice from furry:

I know at times it would seem like it is the best thing and seems like it is the best relationship available (The 'one' if you like), but the fact is you're young and I'm younger than you. I am in a very similar situation but the fact is if you felt so good with someone who treated you like sh*t, imagine what its gonna be like when you find someone who is the one for you?

I'm still friendly with my ex. In fact I'm going over there tonight but I've changed my attitude towards her and she understands that. You have the right to feel smug; if you go back now you say to her its ok for her to do that and come back... even if it was just a psychotic episode for her. It ain't an excuse, and ain't an excuse to hurt you. At the moment I don't see girls as worth the effort in that department but hey, I know that is going to change. I just don't want the same sh*t to happen so I won't go back to this girl.

Do what your mind says, logically. It may seem hard to say no, but you gotta do what is best for you. Its great to be compassionate about others, but if you've lost control of yourself, you are nothing. You need to look after that big guy calling the shots; yourself.

Timmah

Staff member
...Because the only person with you for your entire life, is you. It's true, and I know.

The battle is against loneliness more than anything, and she would be an easy thing to fall into (not literally).

It's gonna be hard.

Timmah

Staff member
P.S. Thanks for the advice furry.

Dani, I know you don't truly believe what you said btw, guys can be just as crap.

[furrycat]

Coach
Timmah said:
...Because the only person with you for your entire life, is you. It's true, and I know.

The battle is against loneliness more than anything, and she would be an easy thing to fall into (not literally).

It's gonna be hard.

:lol:

I know what you mean (on both counts literally and metaphorically), it sucks to feel alone when its great being with someone; but it gets better. Ive actually enjoyed myself this week and tonight, we'll see how I feel after spending time doing stuff. But you gotta do whats best for you for the LONG term, not short.

Timmah

Staff member
True.

JNTV, she did, less than a week after our break-up.

[furrycat]

Coach
Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:
How would you feel if she hooked up with someone in front of you?

That's what happened to me :fist:!

EDIT: Same Timmah- although it was a 'break' where she had her PMS/PMDD and blamed it on that. f**k to that I say :fist:

Timmah

Staff member
She'd broken up with me officially, but I don't get why she invited me to the party, just so I could watch it. I only went to spend time with my best friend but even that hurt for a while because she was trying to get close to my best friend :(

Timmah

Staff member
Johnny Nitro and The Vipers said:
I'm saying, tomorrow night if she is out.

I dunno, it's been so long it probably wouldn't affect me.

There's also a part of me who just wants another one night stand for old times sake... no strings attached.

tlk

Bench
in the end it all cums down to the fact of,are u willin to go through the pain if she cheats again???do u want he that bad?
could happen....she done it once why wouldnt she do it again?

[furrycat]

Coach
Timmah said:

There's also a part of me who just wants another one night stand for old times sake... no strings attached.

I reckon it would affect ya :p It would with me! :fist: Especially if it was the same fella I'd be latu'ing his arse again.

Dani

Immortal
Timmah said:

There's always strings, especially if she's your ex.

Latest posts