What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Sweet It Is

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Even with crutches on Hindmarsh is still a chance of playing the following week.

Wasnt it great to watch them play with the 86 jumper? I like that jersey, I reckon its our best one. Proper blue. And we broke the trend too. :D :crazy:

Last week I was happy to beat the arch rivals Manly, even more happier that we've beaten the team everyone raves on how good they are. :D

James_Hardie

Juniors
We got a bit lucky in that the Dragons played crap, but it was in part forced by our defence.

It is very noticable that we are communicating alot more in defence with more talking and pointing (the way we did in 01), and ruck defenders are staying alive to inside balls alot better in general.

Off the field Taylor has obviously played a big role in that. On the field, i think it is no coincidence thhat Wagon's return has also seen an improvement in our D.

mickdo

Coach
James_Hardie said:
We got a bit lucky in that the Dragons played crap, but it was in part forced by our defence.
I think that's partially true, but you don't win 7 in a row by fluke. They looked on top of us for the opening 20 minutes, but we hung in there like we have for most of the streak. You can only play the team in front of you.

James_Hardie

Juniors
mickdo said:
I think that's partially true, but you don't win 7 in a row by fluke. They looked on top of us for the opening 20 minutes, but we hung in there like we have for most of the streak. You can only play the team in front of you.

Agree. We have worked hard and earned those wins, initially through defence, then slowly expanding our offence with confidence.
I agree you can only play what is in front of you, and whilst i am confident we can make the 8 from here, with only one prop with a significant amountof experience, it won't hurt us to play a few more teams when they have off nights.

Glenn

First Grade
Definitely looked to be down and out for the first 20 mins, then it was case of the game going full circle, the Dragons started dropping the ball and giving Parramatta chances to get back in the game.
It is amazing what some self belief and confidence can do to a side.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Glenn said:
Definitely looked to be down and out for the first 20 mins, then it was case of the game going full circle, the Dragons started dropping the ball and giving Parramatta chances to get back in the game.
It is amazing what some self belief and confidence can do to a side.

I thought tha as well, we struggled early, but then we saw a champion team effort from our boys

and we were gonna buy some of those dragon forwards

ppffffttt, we dont need them

Hurriflatch

Referee
Give me a break, every damn week the other mobs fans keep on saying Parra won because the other team played cra*.

Don't get sucked into that, ever thought that it was a case that the reason the Dragons, Tigers, Manly etc played down on form was because Parra didn't let them play their best.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
James_Hardie said:
with only one prop with a significant amountof experience, it won't hurt us to play a few more teams when they have off nights.

Robinson has actually got a significant amount of experience at prop... the whole media beat up is a furfy. moving Robinson to the front row for Fuifui actually leaves us with a more experienced starting pack overall as Wagon has a lot more experience than Moimoi and that is effectively the only change.

Parraletic

Juniors
It's good to have that feeling again. This is the best I've felt going into a finals series since 2001.

CrazyEel

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
Give me a break, every damn week the other mobs fans keep on saying Parra won because the other team played cra*.

Don't get sucked into that, ever thought that it was a case that the reason the Dragons, Tigers, Manly etc played down on form was because Parra didn't let them play their best.
My thoughts as well. Against all those teams we soaked up everything they could throw at us and when they couldn't break us their game fell away and we ran away with it. They really tried to bash us out of it last night but we were prepared for it, Piggy and JT said as much themselves last night.