What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How was Jeremy Smith?

Nikki

Coach
Wasnt impressed with him. But there were a few quiet boys out there tonight so cant be too hard on him. I did like the little shoulder charge he put in on Hampstead when he got in the way of the scrum feed! :lol:

Utey

Coach
Iam willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, we cant really better the halfback position tbh unless we swap and change somegood combos going on.

ParraManiac

Juniors
lets hope so number8. I would be happy to have him at 5/8, with another half. Jeremy carved up as a 5/8 in PL last year.

Kornstar

Coach
He was aweful, Timmy out fo form offered us more.......

Put Blake in now!!!! He has much more to offer and Morris and SMith have not built any combination as yet so we might as well let Green build the combo with Morris, it will be a better decision than Jeremy!!

Morris too was ordinary tonight, although he was better than Jeremy.

dazeely

First Grade
very ordinary. overall we had a terrible kicking game. needs some work or the big guns will catch us out. J Smith has not convinced me.

Parraren

Bench
Jeremy & Morris are very similar style of players. Both suited to 5/8 & both solid but neither are very creative.

We will struggle to put points on with these two in the halves but we will be competitive.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
bring in green at half J smith is average at best i think souths bought a lemon there! green will be at parra next yr so why not give him a go now plus he will solve our goal kicking problems

eloquentEEL

First Grade
if JT is adamant on picking the same players, I'd prefer the numbers on the back to read:

6. J Smith
7. Marsh
9. Morris

14. Riddell

Hellsy

Immortal
mickdo said:
Yeah, he wasn't that great. Good pass for Hindy's try but apart from that he didn't seem to do much. First game back for a while I guess so we shouldn't be too hard on him... yet.

He was poor...... but I agree

Kornstar

Coach
eloquentEEL said:
if JT is adamant on picking the same players, I'd prefer the numbers on the back to read:

6. J Smith
7. Marsh
9. Morris

14. Riddell

I have to agree, if JT is gona do a Brian Smith stick with crap, i too would prefer the above :(

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
even in his better games, he doesn't really take control and direct traffic like Timmy

a half back like that is not the type of player that will get you to grand final

maybe time to give Blake a run

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Do you reckon JT would give Blake a run over Jeremy??

I reckon JT will want to give Jeremy as much first grade experience as he can in preparation for next year.

Maybe I am wrong and JT wouldn't think this way, but I dunno.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
why are we not playing

6. Green / Moriss
7. Marsh
9. Moriss
14. Riddell as a running second rower

??

Jeremy Smith is average just like his counterpart tim smith didnt do much all season either.

I would be worried if i was Tim Smith with poor form, bad media attention and now a season ending injury with a new coach coming next year, he may not get a run in firsts unless there is no one else to fill the gap.
Lets see what hagen has in mind for next season i wonder!

The Colonel

Immortal
He played like a guy who hadn't played for four weeks. Not suited to halfback IMO. Bring Green in or shift PJ and play Matt Keating off the bench.

Parraletic

Juniors
I really wish JT would put PJ @ half. Jeremy doesen't seem to get involved enough & his inexperience could cost us a finals spot.

James_Hardie

Juniors
i think Jeremy's first two involements in the game was to give away penalties, not to mention his "attempted" tackle on Mannering that lead to the NZ try in the second half.

Then there was as someone said the fact that no attacking kicks were put to Vatuvai side, even when the bloke could barely stand up and the fact that Piggy started to do alot of dummy half kicking, suggested to me that Smith wasn't in position to kick, or Piggy didn't have faith in him. Other than that, you didn't even notice if he was on the field.

I don't think PJ is suited to half any more, but i think we have to consider it now. But i wouldn't complain if Blake got a shot.

yy_cheng

Coach
Jeremy also suffered because Riddell hogged the ball from dummy half. I thought Riddell played crap. He didn't have confidence in passing to Jeremy.

For mine,

6. Widders
7. Morris
9. PJ

14. Green

Alternatively.

6. Widders
7. PJ
9. Morris

14. Green