What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How will Warne go in Sri Lanka

Macca

Coach
As the best leg spinner ever it would be silly for anyone to doubt him having an excellent series.

Rustay

Juniors
Hoggy did well in the first one dayer so im sure Warney will do quite alright. MacGill wont, he is shit :mrgreen:

Macca

Coach
If he get's to play on wickets like the one they are on today then he will take heaps.

Anonymous

Juniors
I think that the sgins are already there for Warney. The wickets are favouring spin bowling like expected and all he has to do is find some decent form, and he'll carve SL up in the Tests

Macca

Coach
I think we might see a few low scoring test matches over there to be quite honest. We all know how much the Aussies like to score quickly and on those wickets I think they might get tied down a bit and get themselves out. MacGill and Warne are likely to be selected in the same 11, so god help the Sri Lankan's.

The Colonel

Immortal
Given Sri Lanka picked one pace bowler in yesterday's match points towards their thinking for the Tests. Their one day squad has six or seven pinners in the team so to say that the wickets that will be prepared will spin is an understatement. Warne will do well - he averages 20.95 in Sri Lanka.

Be interesting to see how they use MacGill as he has never bowled in Sri Lanka.

Macca

Coach
Whatever you want to say about MacGill, you can't say he doesn't turn the ball. He should go well over there too.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I would like to see Warnie bowl in tandem with Hoggy.

Hoggys got them in a spin at the moment, and being a chinaman, gives the variation we need.

Craig

Juniors
McSharkie said:
As the best leg spinner ever it would be silly for anyone to doubt him having an excellent series.

Ah no he isnt. Although he is in my all-time XI, I dont think he is the greatest ever.