What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Howell Re-signed

Howell's useless..

We seemed to be going well in clearing out the nuffies lately..Tyran Smith, Hindmarsh, Robertson...and then we re-sign this ham n egger.

Both he and Mogg are terrible, and I hope whoever the new coach is next season finally drops them.

schnitzel

Juniors
Why would we spend cap money on this guy when we need every cent to go all out for Jamie Lyon? Unless we got him cheap, I can't see the sense in it, when we could wait until June 30, see what centres are out there and only re-sign Howell if we miss out. Crazy, considering Chris Anderson is likely to be coach and has worked with Lyon before in Kangaroos, plus the country lifestyle...

GreenMachine

Juniors
Where would chalk get a start at fullback?

I've been thinking about it and I cant really think of any team that needs a young fullback.

Wests - no
Dragons- no
Broncos - No
Sharks - ummm No
Raiders - no
Manly - No
Warriros- No
Souths - Plausible
Roosters - No
North QLD- No
Melbourne - No
Newcastle - No
Parra - No
Bulldogs - No
Penrith - No
Titans - Possible pending other signings.

So i'd just like to grab the opinions of those who believe he could start at another club.

Stuart

Juniors
St George is a possibility, especially if Barrett and Greenshileds both leave at the end of the year. If Greenshields stays then then he would be a shoe in at the titans IMO

woodgers

Bench
I've seen a fair bit of both Chalk and Greenshields. Not being bias but I rate Chalk over the top of Greenshields. If Chalk wore a red and white jersey and played in place of Greenshields, we would all believe that he can walk on water by now.

woodgers

Bench
Raider_Azz said:
howell = 2006's scape goat.

What you mean to say Azz is that almost everyone can see that he is complete rubbish and he will cop it because he is hopeless. No scapegoat, just fans that realise he isn't adding anything.

He isn't Boogs or Tyran but he is no where near 1st grade material. That is actually a pretty bad kick in the guts to Boogs and Tyran!

aussies1st

Staff member
Chalk has the power to break tackle and some decent speed. Also very good under the high ball. We better re-sign him soon.

Chips

Juniors
he isnt that bad...but he isnt that great either...but he has years on his side to prove us wrong, i think he gets a raw deal from the majority of Raiders fans.

I hope he does well for us and doesnt become a scapegoat in 2006 before he can show his ability

Kris_man

Bench
woodgers said:
I've seen a fair bit of both Chalk and Greenshields. Not being bias but I rate Chalk over the top of Greenshields. If Chalk wore a red and white jersey and played in place of Greenshields, we would all believe that he can walk on water by now.
And reading between the lines, I think John Cartwright agrees with you. Unfortunately the Raiders don't.

ed bbay

Juniors
why didnt elliott take him to penrith BECAUSE , when he phoned them to tell them he was off contract they said U BRING THAT NUFFIE UP HERE WITH U & YOUR CONTRACTS GOOOOOONE !!! .

raidersforme

Juniors
http://canberratimes.com/detail.asp...y_id=466624&category=General Sport&m=3&y=2006

Meanwhile, Canberra coach Matt Elliott insists he will not abuse his position to coax Raiders players to Penrith next season.
Elliott yesterday admitted he would have liked centre David Howell to follow him to the Panthers in 2007, where he will take over as coach. In the end, Elliott was influential in helping the Raiders extend Howell's contract until the end of 2008.
Elliott has also played a pivotal role in helping the Raiders re-sign Zillman, Purtell and centre Phil Graham this year.
"Penrith could use a really good outside back," Elliott said. "But without sounding like a good guy or trying to go out like a knight in shining armour, [Howell] is best served in developing his football here.
"He's a key member of the [Raiders] squad now, he's a key personality in the squad and I think he's got the opportunity here in the next two years to develop into a player of rep quality. It wasn't a matter of me doing the right thing, it was a mater of me being honest with him."
Elliott recruited Howell to the Raiders from the Dragons last season and the 22-year-old played 21 of Canberra's 24 NRL games. Elliott is a close friend of Howell's uncle, former St George and Canterbury player Michael Potter. "Hypothetically, I would have loved for David to come with me [to Penrith] because of my belief in him. But as I said, the package, plus the opportunity that exists here, Canberra is best for him.

is what i am reading from this correct canberra gave him more money then what elliott thought he was worth and told him to take it do 2 years here then come over once refined

hrundi99

First Grade
raidersforme said:
is what i am reading from this correct canberra gave him more money then what elliott thought he was worth and told him to take it do 2 years here then come over once refined

It could be, or it could be something completely different...

Latest posts