What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hull F C 2008 Shirts

deluded pom?

Coach
FC-Kit-1_thumb.jpg

Great to see a return to the more traditional home shirt.

ucantseeme

Juniors
How can ESL teams get away with having such different home & away jerseys, completely different colours and designs. You'd think it was 2 different teams.

NRL teams stick to the clubs colours and the same design. Eg. Parramatta, club colours blue & yellow, one jersey predominantly blue, one predominantly yello, but same design.

I think ESL clubs must intentionally make their away strip as ugly and as different from the traditional; home one as possible to ensure their fans only buy the home jersey.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Why on earth would any teams want to do that?

The away jersey is completely different to avoid colour clashes. There are only so many colours the RFL will allow on away jerseys so that they don't clash with opposition or the ref. I actually think the Hull away jersey is quite nice.

deluded pom?

Coach
ucantseeme said:
How can ESL teams get away with having such different home & away jerseys, completely different colours and designs. You'd think it was 2 different teams.

NRL teams stick to the clubs colours and the same design. Eg. Parramatta, club colours blue & yellow, one jersey predominantly blue, one predominantly yello, but same design.

I think ESL clubs must intentionally make their away strip as ugly and as different from the traditional; home one as possible to ensure their fans only buy the home jersey.

You'll find that Hull will sell a raftload of those "ugly" away shirts you don't like. As the man said, it's to avoid a colour clash. What did you want Hull to do? Bring out a negative of the home shirt? That would really stop a clash wouldn't it? :roll:

gavin

Juniors
deluded pom? said:
FC-Kit-1_thumb.jpg

Great to see a return to the more traditional home shirt.

Is that a pint of larger behind kings back?;-) or hand cuffs?:lol: :lol:

eels_fan_01

Bench
I dont get ESL jerseys, i know there could be clashes but seriously Hull are black and white and than wear a BLUE jersey, what the hell. Its like the Raiders having there normal Green strip and than the away being red or something.

I dont mind the away jersey at all but why would a hull fan buy a blue jersey? How many blue jerseys have every other sides in the Superleague had over the year.

deluded pom?

Coach
gavin said:
Is that a pint of larger behind kings back?;-) or hand cuffs?:lol: :lol:

What's larger when it's at home? I think you're confusing Kingy with Cookie Gav :lol: :lol:

deluded pom?

Coach
eels_fan_01 said:
I dont get ESL jerseys, i know there could be clashes but seriously Hull are black and white and than wear a BLUE jersey, what the hell. Its like the Raiders having there normal Green strip and than the away being red or something.

Or the Raiders having a white away shirt. That would be stu... Oh they do though don't they ;-)

bartman

Immortal
It might seem strange to some having such different away/alternate jerseys, but as an Aussie transplanted in England I must say that it has been history for a long time especially with football/soccer strips and in other sports.

I like traditional looking jerseys, but these days with fashion and all it makes good sense for a club to offer a range of colours in the available supporter strips, for example some people over Hull way may get sick of wearing black and white every time they want to show off their team pride.

It's money in the bank for clubs, and serves the purpose of having a different colour jersey choice, given the annual changes of the competition structure resulting from promotion and relegation. Even my hockey team has a different alternate strip - red and black normally, but white when we travel and play against someone else with red socks.

jed

First Grade
I don't mind the concept of away/alternate strips, but I'd like teams to show a little more consistancy for the away shirts. The last 2 seasons Bradford have had black (one of the minor colours on our home shirt) but since the start of Superleague we've had green, blue and yellow for the away strip. Leeds had black this season, Saints had black & silver, both of which were completely different to last season.

jed

First Grade
agreed, thankfully we only wore it for one season. It was to do with sponsoring a charity whose logo was a green clover leaf. Probably one of the first instances I can remember where a jersey was designed around a sponsorship :crazy:

eels_fan_01

Bench
deluded pom? said:
Or the Raiders having a white away shirt. That would be stu... Oh they do though don't they ;-)

White isnt even technically a colour is it? You wouldnt have a side thats completely white would you? Therefor white isnt really confined to one team.

jed

First Grade
deluded pom? said:
Tell Real Madrid that.

Dear Mr Madrid (may I call you Real?),
I'm not sure if you're aware that White is not technically a colour (or if you're into American spelling, White is not actually a color)
Yours sincerely,
jed

:D

majorblack

Juniors
10,00 Shirt sales last year and not much you can do with black and white irregular hoops, I supposed the contrasting Blue shirt just keeps things a bit fresh.

eels_fan_01

Bench
majorblack said:
10,00 Shirt sales last year and not much you can do with black and white irregular hoops, I supposed the contrasting Blue shirt just keeps things a bit fresh.

I dont mind the look of the jersey im just glad i dont support a Superleague club with all the changes in colour they have, i mean in 5 years the Hull away jersey might be Green.

jed

First Grade
eels_fan_01 said:
I dont mind the look of the jersey im just glad i dont support a Superleague club with all the changes in colour they have, i mean in 5 years the Hull away jersey might be Green.
To be fair, the colours on the home shirts pretty much stay the same, it's just the away shirts that they bugger around with.