What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humour or Racism??

fuggitt

Juniors
Seriously, having looked at many threads on this is, this a discussion about racism in our society or about a complete failure of peoples sense of humour and perspective?

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hur hur he called you a black c hur hur.

Sorry - do not see the humour from your perspective.

Try again.

Dazzat

First Grade
Seriously, having looked at many threads on this is, this a discussion about racism in our society or about a complete failure of peoples sense of humour and perspective?

Oh ... I didn't realise that Joey was employed as a Comedian for the NSW Blues.

I thought he was Assistant Coach ... you know ... the guy responsible for setting the tone, setting the example ... being the person the players looked to for assurance and direction leading into a pressure cooker match.

Maybe that can be his next gig on the Footy Show ... stand-up comedy! Rattling off a few jokes about Indigenous people.

Should be a real crack up!

Doomednow

Bench
The only way it could be considered comedy would be if he was at the time doing a pardoy of a racist tool.

He wasn't.

kmav23

Juniors

And hitler was just a comedian underneath....

BDR

First Grade
I don't know why Ch9 are "standing by" him. After what they did to his brother, I'd have thought the drug addiction and racism would be enough. About time he was knocked off his f**king pedestal, this joker shouldn't be anywhere near the public face of the game.

Dazzat

First Grade
I don't know why Ch9 are "standing by" him. After what they did to his brother, I'd have thought the drug addiction and racism would be enough. About time he was knocked off his f**king pedestal, this joker shouldn't be anywhere near the public face of the game.

Man-love between Joey and Gould is pretty strong. After all Gould put him on the pedestal in the first place, and is trying desperately to keep him there.

Doomednow

Bench

Just quietly I think the "drug addiction" was rubbish. Drug usage probably, but it makes you look like more of a victim if you say you're an addict. Then one rehab stint later and you're back to being alright.

I can forgive him for drug usage, what he does in his own time is his business. But I've got no time prejudice based on skin colour.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
fmd not another thread.

Just quietly I think the "drug addiction" was rubbish. Drug usage probably, but it makes you look like more of a victim if you say you're an addict. Then one rehab stint later and you're back to being alright.

I can forgive him for drug usage, what he does in his own time is his business. But I've got no time prejudice based on skin colour.

agreed 100%, him parading around as an addict makes a mockery of people who are truly suffering from the toils of substance abuse.

boonboon

Juniors
I dont think what Johns said was acceptable but also I don't see it was anywhere near as bad as what others are saying. Also why had all the reaction in the paper been about him saying black merkin and not that he also said White Trash. Also he wasn't villifying Inglis when he did it or dscriminating against anyone on the basis of race he just used a skin colour as part of a description and wasn't there a lot of description based on race in the All Starts game

kmav23

Juniors
How is Johns going to afford the dugs if he has lost his job ?

And what about the lost income of the drug dealers ?

Tahu you have affected many lives hope you can live with yourself...

John might have to threaten to go to rugby like before.....

Fin077

Juniors
Tahu didnt have to be a prima donna about this, he could have approached Johns or team managment rather than making a spectacle and dragging the game and the state through the mud.

IMO he shouldnt be available for Parramatta this weekend. If he cant play for his state, why should he play for his club.

This whole thing is just another example of how amateurish Rugby League has become and to be honest, I'll be watching SBS and the World Cup related shows tomorrow night....Origin has lost its appeal for me.

Dazzat

First Grade
Tahu didnt have to be a prima donna about this, he could have approached Johns or team managment rather than making a spectacle and dragging the game and the state through the mud.

IMO he shouldnt be available for Parramatta this weekend. If he cant play for his state, why should he play for his club.

This whole thing is just another example of how amateurish Rugby League has become and to be honest, I'll be watching SBS and the World Cup related shows tomorrow night....Origin has lost its appeal for me.

See ya ... please close the door on your way out then.

Eels Dude

Coach

Everyone can play for their club this wknd...

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Sorry is the the final word.

For those who have been defending Joey's comments as "socially acceptable racism" and some who have said that they are in fact "not racist or culturally offence" overlook the most important thing. Joey said he was ignorant and wishes he could take them back.

Why would Joey wish to retract socially acceptable comments or non offensive comments?
Why would Joey concede ignorance and quit the team?

Because he now accepts they are wrong and has quit the team as such.
He has said "sorry".

The comments are racist and offensive and as such they are wrong. As conceded by Joey's apology and by his quitting the team. Those who cannot understand that are more ignorant than Joey concedes he was.

:)

fuggitt

Juniors
Well er, lets just stick to the facts here...inglis...he's not black and he's not a ct...so why the insult...which is my point-its so pointless its laughable....as many pple have made the point here its just ridiculous...and when something is this ridiculous its laughable and hence its comedy..in the the strictest sense??!!
Back to the old problem..too much money and too much time...its become oh so fckn serious...
we're becoming more like the media version of america every day...PC gone nuts...

Fibroman

First Grade
Did anyone else get the sms about Mal Meninga and Billy slater at origin training. I thought it was funny although very very racist.

Latest posts