What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humour or Racism??

BDH

Juniors
Tahu didnt have to be a prima donna about this, he could have approached Johns or team managment rather than making a spectacle and dragging the game and the state through the mud.

IMO he shouldnt be available for Parramatta this weekend. If he cant play for his state, why should he play for his club.

This whole thing is just another example of how amateurish Rugby League has become and to be honest, I'll be watching SBS and the World Cup related shows tomorrow night....
Origin has lost its appeal for me.

How come it's always NSW people who say that?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Joker's Wild

Coach
How is Johns going to afford the dugs if he has lost his job ?

And what about the lost income of the drug dealers ?

Tahu you have affected many lives hope you can live with yourself...

John might have to threaten to go to rugby like before.....

Why is it only Qlders who say stupid sh*t like this?

Lambretta

First Grade
Just quietly I think the "drug addiction" was rubbish. Drug usage probably, but it makes you look like more of a victim if you say you're an addict. Then one rehab stint later and you're back to being alright.

I can forgive him for drug usage, what he does in his own time is his business. But I've got no time prejudice based on skin colour.

In 100% agreement.

As someone of the same generation as Joey and someone that went partying just the same as he (and a massive % of my generation) did, I have always personally thought that it was a convenient excuse for the media.

I can't comment on the bi-polar part - but "addiction" to ecstacy is pretty much impossible due to the reduced high coupled with increased comedown and complete lack of withdrawal symptoms as soon as you've watched a couple of DVD's in a monged state and then slept for a bit. A Renton style crushing of bones and screaming in derranged agony for a week it is not.

True you can be addicted to the thought of having a good time based on previous experience, but that's not the same thing.

The racism issue is a far greater problem for Andrew and unfortunately for him will probably cause him his involvement in the game for a while now.

Of course the Rugby League community, quite rightly, practices forgiveness and Andrew will be welcomed back into the fold once he has rebuilt bridges with the people that feel so slighted by his comments at the moment. He needs to start by standing back from Rugby League and his media commitments and get some direction from Timana and Greg about how he can begin to do just that.

stormbati

Bench
Just quietly I think the "drug addiction" was rubbish. Drug usage probably, but it makes you look like more of a victim if you say you're an addict. Then one rehab stint later and you're back to being alright.

I can forgive him for drug usage, what he does in his own time is his business. But I've got no time prejudice based on skin colour.

Lol, yeah and the blokes in Hollywood who all seem to be addicted to sex when they're caught cheating.

Doomednow

Bench
Lol, yeah and the blokes in Hollywood who all seem to be addicted to sex when they're caught cheating.

I don't know about sex addiction. Maybe real, maybe not. Seems plausible, thought probably not as prevalent as the "victims" would make it appear.

mrpwnd

Bench
Well, i'll try and put it into perspective for a few of you guys who seem to act overly personal about this and see no humour.
I'll use a hypothetical - imagine the situations of Joey's situation was reversed and Greg Inglis was a white guy. Now lets also assume he told Scott to shut down that white *insert derogatory term*, funny thing is everyone would've had a great laugh at that, but according to alot of the logic im picking up from people here it'd still constitute as racist - this remark made purely for comedic purposes and with 0 intent to hurt or degrade - but funny thing is, if GI WAS infact a whitey, noone here would be blowing up about it.

Heres something to think about before you go taking other peoples agenda as your own. If we truly want racial equality we need to start treating Indigenous people with equality to achieve that, and by that i mean to stop overflowing them with racial sympathy and pity, because yes, this whole 'omg thats so slack being racist to the aboriginal bloke' also constitutes as admitting that they are inferior and that in terms of racism should be singled out to protect from racism. NO. GROW THE f**k UP. If most people can take it and treat other blokes equally by acting the same i see no reason why the indigenous population can't.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
In 100% agreement.

As someone of the same generation as Joey and someone that went partying just the same as he (and a massive % of my generation) did, I have always personally thought that it was a convenient excuse for the media.

I can't comment on the bi-polar part - but "addiction" to ecstacy is pretty much impossible due to the reduced high coupled with increased comedown and complete lack of withdrawal symptoms as soon as you've watched a couple of DVD's in a monged state and then slept for a bit. A Renton style crushing of bones and screaming in derranged agony for a week it is not.

True you can be addicted to the thought of having a good time based on previous experience, but that's not the same thing.

The racism issue is a far greater problem for Andrew and unfortunately for him will probably cause him his involvement in the game for a while now.

Of course the Rugby League community, quite rightly, practices forgiveness and Andrew will be welcomed back into the fold once he has rebuilt bridges with the people that feel so slighted by his comments at the moment. He needs to start by standing back from Rugby League and his media commitments and get some direction from Timana and Greg about how he can begin to do just that.

agreed completely, people who don't know the effect of drugs tend to assume the worst or believe media sensationalism unreservedly. Any drug user would know the difference between addiction tendencies between different drugs. Its a lot easier to get addicted to something seen as almost harmless (e.g. marijuana) as opposed to ecstacy, which as you mentioned just takes scat day where you chill out as opposed to wanting to pop again.

Latest posts