What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wizardman

First Grade
Thanks For robbing us scumbag!!!!
The Biggest waste of the Money in the clubs History, St George or SGI!!!!
He is your best player. Not his fault your club has surrounded him with average players.

Mind you, his first few years at Saints were pretty average.

In saying that, you don't want a player of his standing and spine position that doesn't want to be there. The end of Griffin was very likely going to be the end of Hunt. I would grant that release and start fresh.

Gippsy

Bench
Apparently the story has originated from Weidler.
If it is true, my guess would be a return home to Queensland with the Titans.
Rumoured to have offered him $900K a season.
Still speculation until there is a statement from the club or player, or both.
I don't know for sure, but aren't we paying him more than that?

SAP58

Juniors
Lara Pitt just announced Hunt has asked the Dragons for a release. I'm bloody annoyed!
So am I if it is true he has managed the whole situation badly carrying on like a sook since Hook was rumoured to be getting the Hook & since he got the Hook. He has not acted like the captain of our club for some time, Yes he is our best player but is he worth $1m ? No player should be allowed to hold his club to ransom let alone a player nearing the end of his playing days. Let him go & get a bucket load of cash to buy other players we need to change this club & welcome to our FG half position Bud.

Wizardman

First Grade
My Tigers have been through this shit as well. In this situation, experience tells me to grant the release....and use his money to further bolster the side. The side is hardly going gangbusters with him in it.

Lets not bullshit....Hunt IS a good player. But on his salary, the squad around him, the Griffin situation, wanting a release AFTER a new coach has been signed.....it is one of those situations where it is all too much. Let him go.

Latest posts