What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt v Keary

derekmc

Juniors
What do people think, should we go with Hunt or Keary on bench, I think Hunt covers more positions and shows a bit of X factor in attack. Bench of Lima , Hunt, Lowe and Burgess (any of the three ) so many options there and everything covered.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
just merge the two and form a super player..

bird-paper-hat-merkin-brown-1291319260u.jpg

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
enthusiasm & talent are two very separate traits..

eg, bunniesman is enthusiastic.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
rubbish.. we're as enthusiastic as a bunch of special kids at the zoo..

we just currently have the talent of the same....

rabbitohs95

Bench
Personally i'd have Hunt on the wing and Keary on the bench, unfortunately besides coming in as backup hooker, Peats doesn't offer much.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Hunt should be our winger. Everingham has been dissappointing recently. He needs a stint in NSW cup. Play Hunt on the wing and have Keary as the bench utility.

With another offseason into him Keary will be ready for the halves and Sutton to the backrow.

BranVan3000

Coach
Personally i'd have Hunt on the wing and Keary on the bench, unfortunately besides coming in as backup hooker, Peats doesn't offer much.

Peats is probably the fittest player in the team and is way stronger than you'd ever think based on his size. He should commit to being a back rower, gain a solid 10kg of muscle and he would be a fantastic Greg Bird style backrower IMO. He is already making 30 plus tackles a game as it is.

Big man

Juniors
Peats is probably the fittest player in the team and is way stronger than you'd ever think based on his size. He should commit to being a back rower, gain a solid 10kg of muscle and he would be a fantastic Greg Bird style backrower IMO. He is already making 30 plus tackles a game as it is.

Spot on, players like Peats are very rare, he fights above hs weight and does so very effectively. Maguire needs Peats and Keary in the mix as an insurance policy, in case of injuries to Reynolds and Luke. But, Peats does remind me of a Greg Bird, he has all the hallmarks, tough, extremely fit, good skill level and can kick, though he will need to put on another 10kg to match Birds mass, but i wouldn't instigate this move until the successful debut of Api Koroisau.

Last edited:

Liddell

Juniors

For a while there it looked like he was being groomed to take on Crocker's role at lock. I think that's where he'd play his best footy, apart from hooker where we know he'll never get a full time gig ahead of Luke.

Hunt is playing good footy. Two weeks in a row he's made the most of a call up and you couldn't drop him now. He isn't up against Keary for a spot, he'll take Everinghams.

rabbitohs95

Bench
For next week i'd probably prefer to have

Inglis, Merritt, Goodwin, Walker, Hunt, Sutton, Reynolds, Tyrrell, Luke, Lima, McQueen, Te'o, Burgess
RES Keary, Lowe, Burgess, Burgess

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Has Tom B done enough to retain his spot on the bench?
I think so but in saying that Starling is improving every game and they all cannot be on the bench some will be playing for the Bears.

For our game in Perth they will probably take a 22 man squad.