What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hypothetical - In relation to K Hunt and allegiances

JJ

Immortal
douglasallen91 said:
why? its a logical statement since supposely cayless bros and pritchard are poaches. is it going to be the same with gaulavo's kids and puletuas kids if they are good enough

poached? It's their f**king choice...

Poached? You mean like we plunder Samoan and Tongan talent for our union and rugby teams, or like we poach STh African and Fijian netballers?

JJ said:
Poached? You mean like we plunder Samoan and Tongan talent for our union and rugby teams, or like we poach STh African and Fijian netballers?

and i am disaggreeing with them where???????????????????

van dyk and davu should pissoff and stop playing netball, for a fact vandyk would be retired in welly now.

Meanie

Juniors
JJ said:
It's not a big debate, except for small-minded people. Irrespective of whether he said he'd think about it, I've only ever seen Hunt reported as saying he wanted to play for Qld and Aust. The NZRL have whored around him, not the reverse (as they've done around others)

FFS, I'm a kiwi, but the NZRL are a dead-set disgrace. The kid has long signalled who he feels he should play for, but they refuse to leave it alone. Webb is a f**king Australian who happens to have lived here for a few years because of his job, and now he's a dyed in the wool NZ'er (my arse he is), and we've all heard stories about Tookey, Martin - we've seen Carroll lured, Thorn and Tahu failed to be lured... it's a f**king joke - they either want to play for NZ or they don't.... Anyone in the NRL who has slightly brown skin or spends more than a weekend in Auckland is approached to play for the kiwis..

As for bagging Hunt remorselessly, why don't you morons start threads to castigate Sione Faumuina, Stacey Jones and Tawera Nikau all of whom were pretty f**king selective about when they played for the kiwis......

:clap:

People are calling Hunt a turncoat, he said 2 years ago he wanted to play for Queensland (And hence Australia) and he hasn't changed that. He makes an offhand remark about "I guess I could never rule out the possibility" and people take it as a rockhard commitment or something. These Kiwi players are pe'od at Hunt but not at the NZRL for chasing players who obviously aren't committed to them. The players are directing their anger in the wrong direction. Hunt is just the scapegoat for their anger.

Hunt reaffirmed his decision to play for Queensland and Australia BEFORE he was picked. He couldn't have known in a million years that the first 3 choice fullbacks (Mini, Hodgson and Slater) would go down and that they were going to pick him, especially considering how people were talking about Matt Bowen being next in line as well.

Peoples reactions to this have just...like bloody hell, it was a bad selection, Bowen should've been picked, end of story.

Nugby

Juniors
All those kids of the Kiwi players could represent either country, because they'd have Kiwi ancestry obviously. They only need one grandparent.

Iafeta

Referee
gunnamatta bay said:
Who's that very tall south african playing for the nz netball team? The one who gets all their goals?

Thats very sus.

IIRC though, didn't Irene leave South Africa for political reasons?

IMO, if you flea a war torn country or a country in political strife, you should be given dispensation. I'm not sure her exact circumstances. If it was just she wanted a new start to life, or got a job or something, she shouldn't have been selected for the Silver Ferns.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Iafeta said:
Thats very sus.

IIRC though, didn't Irene leave South Africa for political reasons?

IMO, if you flea a war torn country or a country in political strife, you should be given dispensation. I'm not sure her exact circumstances. If it was just she wanted a new start to life, or got a job or something, she shouldn't have been selected for the Silver Ferns.

What political reasons would that be? Most SAs leave their homeland to escape the crime. Otherwise the country is politically sound and has been for years. To suggest she is a political refugee and therefore eligible, in your opinion, to play for nz is nonsense.

I can't believe you would oppose any new arrival becoming eligible to play for their new homeland. If anything it is discrimination.

hutch

First Grade
douglasallen91 said:
anther Hypothetical question, sonny bill has a kid called sonny bill junior born in aussie as sonny bill senior was working in aussie but this time hes as good and not injury prone. since he was born in aussie i guess he can't play for the kiwis.

just like joe gaulavo and tony puletua kids.

answer = its the kids choice, just as the caylesses, pritchards and the hunts.

answer to indian kid = its his choice

answer to k hunt = its his choice

ali

Bench
The fact that he was born in the Cook Islands, IMO makes it even more ok that he played for Aus. Lets face it, NZ was just a transit lounge for the kid.

brendothejet

First Grade
Okay in regards to people saying "he was born there, he should play there"

My sister and her husband are aussies, but live in Austria. They are planning on having a baby soon but will be there for the next few years.

NOw they are league mad, watch it on TV on SKy or DVD's we send them or the net. They are going to watch the german internationals later in the year.

No when my nephew comes home and I teach him how to play rugby league and practice with him every day and he gets selected for NSW does he have to say "no, der keiser has picked me for the German side"*

hmmmm...

*I know Austria is different to germany but i dont know anyone in Austrian RL...

Lego_Man

First Grade
The difference with cutie is that he has expressed desire to play for the All Blacks. When you combine this with him choosing the Kangaroos, it's clear that he has no national loyalty (to either country) and just wants to play for the best/most prestigious team in any code. If he took up soccer i'd wager hed move to Brazil and try to get selection there.

ali said:
The fact that he was born in the Cook Islands, IMO makes it even more ok that he played for Aus. Lets face it, NZ was just a transit lounge for the kid.
numerous places says he was born in auckland.

ali

Bench
douglasallen91 said:
numerous places says he was born in auckland.

Friday's paper said he was born in the Cook Isalnds. The article concerned his mother who was currently in the Cooks, visiting cuties sick grand mother. It said cutie was born in the Cook Islands!