What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*Hypothetical* Rationalisation

docbrown

Coach
Not a bad stab at it, but I think "unhooking" current joint ventures isn't going to happen.

My thoughts would be

* Sea Eagles to relocate to Gosford
* Roosters to claim north of the bridge as an extension to their territory

* Tigers to relocate to Perth or Adelaide
* Bulldogs to claim that south-west corridor out to Campbelltown as an extension of their territory

* Dragons to relocate fully to Wollongong.

Panthers, Eels, Rabbitohs to stay as is, Hopefully Sharks broaden out to be more of a "whole Southern Sydney" club.
I should have clarified. What I posted was how the Sydney clubs should have been rationalised at the end of the Super League War or by the ARL themselves. Souths, Western Sydney Bulldogs, Eastern Sydney Dragons, North Sydney Tigers, Parramatta Eels, Penrith Panthers, Illawarra-Sutherland Sharks and Central Coast Sea Eagles. All the merged teams are close to their partner teams.

Then with 12 other teams in a 20 team comp you’d have Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra, Newcastle, Gold Coast, Brisbane, South Queensland, North Queensland, Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

Diesel

Referee
I think most Sydney clubs justify their existence. Dragons go to the ‘gong, Panthers stay as is and continue to embrace Dubbo and west of the Blue Mountains. Wests need to embrace SW Sydney. The only area under represented is the old Bears territory. I’m sure there are plenty of theories on here what to do with that area

macca_saint

Juniors
I think most Sydney clubs justify their existence. Dragons go to the ‘gong, Panthers stay as is and continue to embrace Dubbo and west of the Blue Mountains. Wests need to embrace SW Sydney. The only area under represented is the old Bears territory. I’m sure there are plenty of theories on here what to do with that area
Surely between the Roosters and Manly they can take over the old Bears territory?

Latest posts