What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hypothetical.....

azzah72

Bench
Morning ladies and gents,

I was just thinking about something, with all of these rumours about Kimmorley leaving and fans on here saying that they don't want him in the halves, now i'm not a Kimmorley hater or lover, i think he is ok but as most people say, pretty much past it but what if Stuart next week decided to drop kimmorley or something prevented him from playing and we have what i believe is the preffered option of:

6. Bird
7. Seymour

and we have no improvement?

Most of the halves in the comp are tied up now bar maybe tim smith and barret but they're definently no certainties, so i guess my question is, if the favoured change is made and we see no improvement in attack at all..

Then what?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Thats what the club is hard at work trying to fix for next season azzah72, if it wasn't for Williams early departure I'd say that would be the combo already.

azzah72

Bench
Thats what the club is hard at work trying to fix for next season azzah72, if it wasn't for Williams early departure I'd say that would be the combo already.

Yes but my question is, what if they are no better?

Where do we go then?

Having a chat to a friend of mine who is pretty knowledgable within the Roosters, they reckon the stuarts style of coaching is very complicated for the halves, over structured plays and stuff, i have no idea if this is true so i guess my question is, what if it all isn't Kimmorley?

and regards to what you said about williams, i don't think bird and seymour would of been the halves had williams not got injured, if anything i think it would just mean that someone like stephenson or cooper wouldn't be on the bench. but who knows.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah you could be right, what I meant was that Zappa and co are in the market for a half. not much you can do about it this year .

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Having a chat to a friend of mine who is pretty knowledgable within the Roosters, they reckon the stuarts style of coaching is very complicated for the halves, over structured plays and stuff, i have no idea if this is true so i guess my question is, what if it all isn't Kimmorley?.

well if it is complicated now, I would hate to see dead easy!

ruck from dummy half, inside ball, inside ball, inside ball, inside ball then a steered, nothing 25 metre kick to grass.

Quigs

Immortal
If that be the case azz, then my opinion for what it is worth is to persist with the half combo of Seymour and Bird.

Crikey we've persisted with the same #7 for the past howmany years.

It will happen but it won't happen over night.

But I'd back it in we will start to see something a little bit different to the crap we have been served up for the past three years.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The question is, how long will it take to remove the infection totally from the club.
Most of our players have never plaedwith another first grade half back.
I would predict at least 2 years to remove the scarring from our squads brains.
Thankfullly some are playing rep footy which will expedite the healing.

azzah72

Bench
If that be the case azz, then my opinion for what it is worth is to persist with the half combo of Seymour and Bird.

Crikey we've persisted with the same #7 for the past howmany years.

It will happen but it won't happen over night.

But I'd back it in we will start to see something a little bit different to the crap we have been served up for the past three years.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

I tend to agree with that, the attack has been mundane and uninspired, the reason why i ask is because for years i read this forum and didn't really post much, in that time, sharks fans on here tend to react with high peaks and low canyons so to speak, i was just wondering if there was no change, would you change your tune on bird/seymour or then start to think, f**k is it something else?

This isn't an attack os sticky, i think he has done wonders for our club ... in attitude and defence!

For a former half back now coaching, i guess i just expect more in our attack, even if it is from a past it former rep player!!

Surely

Post Whore
The question is, how long will it take to remove the infection totally from the club.
Most of our players have never plaedwith another first grade half back.
I would predict at least 2 years to remove the scarring from our squads brains.
Thankfullly some are playing rep footy which will expedite the healing.

Thats called having a dollar each way.

Haven't you also said kimmorley has been out injured for half our matches over the past couple of seasons ?

Craigshark

First Grade
No improvement in 1 game?
There hasn't been any improvement in Kimmorleys game for about 5 years.. Apart from the odd, 1 or 2 ok games every season.
That combo, at least deserve a little longer than 1 game to show a bit of improvement. I don't think anyone expects it all to happen in 1 game.

azzah72

Bench
No improvement in 1 game?
There hasn't been any improvement in Kimmorleys game for about 5 years.. Apart from the odd, 1 or 2 ok games every season.
That combo, at least deserve a little longer than 1 game to show a bit of improvement. I don't think anyone expects it all to happen in 1 game.

No not in one game, over time obviously, a season even!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Thats called having a dollar each way.

Haven't you also said kimmorley has been out injured for half our matches over the past couple of seasons ?

No its not. Who ever stood in for his role whilst he was injured, was told to come in & play his way. The game plan is structured around his game. This goes for other positions too.

As I said , most of our squad have never played with another halfback.

At any rate, the argument is finally settled. Once it all washes up, the real story can be told on here, of what the "blow up" is all about.

Its about, realisation.

There is a common trait with successful people. They are decisive.

Omnishark2

Juniors
The ingrained bad Noddy habits will be hard to clean out of the squad, there's no doubt about that.

Ideally you need an off-season to start building a whole new attacking structure. Which is why it was it was crazy to renew Noddy's contract in the first place ...

But better late than never ... the decision to finally bone Noddy is the single best business decision the football club has made in the past 7 years.

Qld-Sharkie

Juniors
Look at the end of last season....our attack improved and I think we averaged 18-22 pts per game. What is it this year?? 10-16???

azzah72

Bench
One thing i have realised is that we have the least possession of all teams in the comp and the highest missed tackles by nearly 40 missed!!

We say our attack is sh*te and our defence is good but what are we doing wrong to hardly have the ball?

chiana

Juniors
Is Blake Green no longer in the mix? I don't think he has been given any opportunity to prove himself yet.

Omnishark2

Juniors
chiana said:
Is Blake Green no longer in the mix? I don't think he has been given any opportunity to prove himself yet.

I totally agree ... it is untenable for Noddy to be picked in firsts for the rest of 2007 .. so I think Seymour & Green should be the halves pairing for the rest of 2007. Start the rebuilding & disinfection process immediately !!!

That's assuming Barrett doesn't get an early release from Wigan for the rest of 2007.

Ausguy

Coach
I totally agree ... it is untenable for Noddy to be picked in firsts for the rest of 2007 .. so I think Seymour & Green should be the halves pairing for the rest of 2007. Start the rebuilding & disinfection process immediately !!!

That's assuming Barrett doesn't get an early release from Wigan for the rest of 2007.

ummmm omni.... its 2008 dude:sarcasm:

Latest posts