What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hypothetically speaking..........

.......if the Sharks were kicked out of the competition, and as a result, all of their players become free agents, would you want the Panthers to sign up any of our ex-players?

Let's say we had room under our salary cap, who would you welcome back with open arms out of the following:

Luke Lewis
Michael Gordon
Ben Pomeroy
Wade Graham

mxlegend99

Referee
Flash would be my number 1 priority. Graham would be up there but the rumours seem to involve him. So I'm not sure he would even be an option. Not that it's likely any of them will become available. Sharks would be crazy to let anyone that is not guilty leave. Anyone who is guilty couldn't be an option before too long and might aswell stay there.

soc123_au

Staff member
I would have Graham back in a heartbeat along with Flash. But I hope for the Sharks sake it doesnt come to that. It all sounds like an unfortunate f**k up. Its hard work sometimes being a Panthers supporter, but f**k me we have had it good compared to Cronulla fans. Most of their fans seem a decent bunch as well, they deserve better.

Also as a Leauge fan I would be loath to pick on the still twitching corpse of any club. You never know who could be next & I ca only imagine haw heartbreaking it would be to see our club in that position.

eozsmiles

Bench
I would have Graham back in a heartbeat along with Flash. But I hope for the Sharks sake it doesnt come to that. It all sounds like an unfortunate f**k up. Its hard work sometimes being a Panthers supporter, but f**k me we have had it good compared to Cronulla fans. Most of their fans seem a decent bunch as well, they deserve better.

Also as a Leauge fan I would be loath to pick on the still twitching corpse of any club. You never know who could be next & I ca only imagine haw heartbreaking it would be to see our club in that position.

Fans might be loathe to pick at the corpse but the clubs won't mind. And it will be first in best dressed. Virtually any time a player asks for a release there will be suitors.

Can look at it another way, if there are Sharks players not suspended is it fair to deny them the chance to play elsewhere? If opposing clubs take a moral stand and refuse to sign any Sharkie that wants to leave the shire, then they will end up in England or something.

We're all hoping it doesn't happen anyway so it's all semi-hypothetical.

roboshark

Coach
Well if it does happen I hope u guys get them. I don't wanna see any other club pick them up

Maybe cowboys but that's it. I like the panthers

Hate Gould though !!

soc123_au

Staff member
Fans might be loathe to pick at the corpse but the clubs won't mind. And it will be first in best dressed. Virtually any time a player asks for a release there will be suitors.

Can look at it another way, if there are Sharks players not suspended is it fair to deny them the chance to play elsewhere? If opposing clubs take a moral stand and refuse to sign any Sharkie that wants to leave the shire, then they will end up in England or something.

We're all hoping it doesn't happen anyway so it's all semi-hypothetical.

Of course all clubs would be beating down the doors of some of the players, it is just business. It just feels a bit dirty speculating about it at this stage. If Wade & Flash turned up at Gus's office a week ago & said the shire is full of knobs we want to come home then fair play & suck shit to the Sharks, but under these circumstances it just feels wrong.

Crazy Hazy

Juniors
Hypothetically speaking.... - it would be interesting if those who administered the peds said that they were actually placebos. No positive tests to prove otherwise. It's not illegal/outside WADA guidelines and gets the innocent players off. Win/win/ASADA lose. Back to a cracker footy season.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well if it does happen I hope u guys get them. I don't wanna see any other club pick them up

Maybe cowboys but that's it. I like the panthers

Hate Gould though !!
Flash is the only player I could see being any chance at returning to us with the current people in charge. The whole situation by both the club and player was handled pretty well.

Luke Lewis would probably go to just about any other club first, and I could see Wade Graham probably doing the same. He never got a fair shot with us, and if I was him I would hold that against us. But at the same time it was Matt Elliott in charge... Cleary might have given him a fair chance. I would love to see Flash, Lewis and Graham at the Cowboys if they were forced to leave the Sharks. I have no issue with the Cowboys, and honestly they would be a great chance at a premiership. SOmething that I would love to see Michael Gordon win no matter where he is... he deserves it IMO. He won't have many more chances to win one with him having 3-5 years at most left of first grade footy.

marty65

Juniors
Very hypothelical...but lets go with the fantasy. Based on skill, age, ability history and current team needs...the only player I would go out of my way to get back to Penrith would be Wade Graham.

GongPanther

Referee
Wade and Flash.

Come home lads,we have a candle burning in the window.

(Psst,and besides,we have a bit of moola left over that JT didn't want *wink-wink*)