What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hyundai A-League :: Round 24

Ridders

Coach
What are WSW fans protesting?

I'm probably not the best person to ask, since I don't know all the facts. From what I understand, there are a couple of issues, although the main one relates to how Hatamoto (organisation who do fan security for the FFA) and the FFA operate in the process of banning fans.

Atm the issue is that there's no appeals process in place for you to appeal your ban. And Hatamoto, who give their reccomendations to the FFA, don't have to provide you with any evidence as to why you were banned. From what I've heard (again not sure if it's accurate), some fans have been given 5 year bans simply for being the vicinity of people perpetrating illegal acts.

The purpose of the protest was to try and get to a point where fans, who receive bans, actually have an avenue in which to contest their sentence.

Now I'm not saying our fanbase has been totally innocent. We've ripped our fair share of flares, and had the occasional bottle-throwing incident, but from what I understand the protest isn't really about that. Members of the RBB are fine for those caught throwing flares to be banned. It's more about providing an avenue, for those are wrongfully banned, to fight their case.

Big Sam

First Grade
Yeah. From reading around I think they're ok with the flare throwers being banned but apparently those nearby who did nothing were also banned and that's what they were silently protesting.

Mong

Post Whore
They were taken down pretty quickly tbh.

Whole silent protest went better than I though. I was worried that it might fracture the supporter base, but it seemed to unite them. Was hilarious when security tried taking the banners down and fans from the other stands started booing. Talking about helping the cause.

Scrappy win over the Phoenix. Wellington probably deserved a point.

The banners appeared to be up the entire protest it seemed on the telecast..

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The 'Hatamoto Out' banner was up for a few minutes then removed by security, the other banner was up for the whole protest.

WSW played fantastically well for the first 15 minutes then dropped off. It was quite a sluggish performance, one that Popa won't be happy with.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Let's hope it translates to losses over the coming 3 weeks :sarcasm:

Mong

Post Whore
That won't matter the way your lot are going Timmah..

Must be getting close to the end of the season :)

Timmah

Staff member
3-0 over Adelaide, 2-1 over Brisbane and 7-1 over Heart.

CCM will finish with three wins, in second place, and meet WSW in the Grand Final.

Heard it here first :cool:

Timmah

Staff member
Strangely, help.

Getting away from the talk and the media of the A-League might help

Big Sam

First Grade
Heart are gone after tonight. Terrible run home. Looks like it's a race in 4 for the last two spots.

Timmah

Staff member
Sadly they're just a win (with a game in hand) from 6th spot.

Do not understand why it's not top four or at least 5.

Big Sam

First Grade
Sadly they're just a win (with a game in hand) from 6th spot.

They've won just 4 points out of 33 away and have Brisbane and CCM. Their last home game is against WSW. The best result is a point in Brisbane.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm not saying they will make it, I'm saying it's farcical that teams like them, Perth and even Roar can still make it given the arse seasons they've had.

Big Sam

First Grade
We've had this discussion before. Reduce the amount and you increase the number of dead rubbers. And the A-League's the last competition that needs dead rubbers.

Latest posts