What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Always Made an Impact

When I carted the ball forward I did so with plenty of gumption and sting. In the defensive line I was always a reliable campaigner. During the odd times I was below my best I relied on my scrapbook for belief and reflection. More often then not during these times of introspection I bounced back in grand style the following week, averaging slightly over 6 yards per carry and shutting down the ball carrier with consummate ease. Whilst hecklers is the grandstand often berated me as a one dimension player, I knew i was always making an impact.

The same cannot be said about several floundering football teams and their dubious foot soldiers. The 2006 NRL season has been one of mediocrity of Matt Bickerstaff proportions. Most teams are content to wallow in the choppy mid table seas, whilst South Sydney swim aimlessly alone in the salt water surrounds of Redfern Pool. Owen Craigie making a sizeable splash with his wayward high bombs as he looks to catch the bulging eyes of Bomber himself. Russell Crowe cannot help himself and has promoted himself as promised to defensive coach as he fumingly finds Tugga Coleman chuckling mischievously through his binoculars and dark glasses from a near by parked car.

Yep He's still Around Rusty

0,10114,5127711,00.jpg

After bring their goggles down from the Dirt Rivers and low budget schools of Campbelltown The Defending Premiers are treading water themselves. The much-vaunted new signings have had as much impact as Bert’s Family Fued. After turning down an NBL contract with the Hunter Pirates Slamming Sam Harris continues to perform pathetically. Whilst Harris will always be more a player of more natural ability then Corey Pearson, his flaws are marked by Tim Sheen’s same red pen. Whilst Corey occasionally tucked the ball under the big white arms, he was always scheming a slimy grubber or a floating cut out pass as Lincoln Withers took up the role of meter eater. Whilst “J-Lo” may strut with the “hip group” of NRL stars and roll in the passengers seat of Benji’s red Lotus his footballing spunk must be bought under an Allan Tounge style review. Whilst Lolesi has played with aggression Tim Sheens does not subscribe to MTV and the Hammer will come down hard on Lolesi when Halatau returns in Round 7.

The Cronulla Sharks continue singing their own Biblical tunes, however divine intervention remains elusive. Whilst Stuart Raper continues to focus on hairstyle over game plans and players decide Easter Sunday is a time for preaching and not another poor performance the Sharks will always disappoint their posse of strange fans. 41 years of Dry weather is bearing down on Toyota Park. One long time fan was seen sprinting from his apartment to burn an effigy of Adam Dykes and stomp on a Dan Stains signature Shoulder pads during The Cronulla Riots. Sadly, and unbeknown to this student of the game, the riots were nothing to do with the continued incompetence of the local football side, his dreams dashed.

20jump1.jpg

Whilst the Warriors dip in sub zero temperatures was not as long as first envisaged the temperature remains freezing. A doubled barreled wave of a Benji less Wests and a Johns Less Knights bought the Warriors towards shore. However Lance Hohia snapped their Canoe and their back up the creek as $50 notes float down stream from Steve Price’s tired pockets. During Matt Elliot’s reign at Canberra they have been forever swimming between the flags, preaching safety first, meat and potatoes football. This season whilst they have started to remove the floaties, rips have spread their defense far and wide. They remain a rudderless side.

300px-Dugout_canoe.jpg

Brisbane, Canterbury and Easts remain shadows of themselves, although the dour arrogance of their respective coaches remains firm. Gas Gasnier and the Dragons soap Opera rolls on. Whilst Phil Gould and Laurie Daley will tell you if the Dragons play near their best they will win, I can assure you they won’t. I don't care about the Melbourne Sotrm but they seem to be persuing Cronulla strongly for the most mentally challanged fans on the forum.

The Cowboys and Andrew Johns are the only ones surfing the high seas. John Lang and his Black Magic would be too but there are no beaches in Penrith and they prefer specials at Sizzler. Whilst I struggled for form and fitness early in the season at times, I came back to my scrapbook and powered on, its why I scored 6 tries in 86 career games when experts predicted i would only manage 4. One can only hope these NRL sides take a leaf out of my book.

OVP

Coach
croydon Dog food said:
Brisbane, Canterbury and Easts remain shadows of themselves

LOL very good post as usual CDF :)

But Friday Night worries me greatly. It good very well be a cripple fight of Biblical proportions my friend. And seeing that it is Good Friday, i find that very apt. Something that perhaps could be directed by Cecil B De Mille.

Also the Tigers minus Benji vs the Sharks minus Gimmemoremoney could very well match it if not better it. Perhaps even the Dogs vs Souths game could even rival that. Ahhh yes its an Easter Weekend of Cripple Fights, and you've gotta worry dont you ? The Ghost of poor old Cecil is going to be very busy ;-)

gregstar

Referee
croydon Dog food said:
I always produce the goods at this time of the season guys.
croydon - you're a slack merkin.

you've become a lazzo - a big fat bludging sponge who shows up for the glory ride at the expense of others hard yards.

stop bludging & start puting in again.

Latest posts